User Tag List

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavysledz View Post
    I wouldn't put too much weight in what Furrion stated as they would have no way in knowing that you relocated the room sensor if you had to do a warranty claim as long as you put it back to the way it was originally before taking it in. It is a simple connector swap and honestly shouldn't have any impact on how the unit actually functions. The burden of proof is on Furrion to prove that relocating the sensor caused a system failure.
    I agree, but I’m waiting to hear from GD about what Furrion had to say since any warranty claim starts with them.
    2019 F150 Lariat SuperCrew 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
    2022 Grand Design Imagine 3100RD
    Blue Ox SwayPro WDH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just heard back from GD. They will stand behind the warranty even if the kits are installed. I had hoped a company like Grand Design would step up, and they did.
    2019 F150 Lariat SuperCrew 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
    2022 Grand Design Imagine 3100RD
    Blue Ox SwayPro WDH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Take ceiling cover off of a/c
    Wire is clearly marked “room sensor”
    Stick thru filter on ceiling cover
    Re install cover

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    NB,
    Are there a "room sensor" and "freeze sensor" both? I have a wire labeled "freeze sensor" with a copper sensor and blue clip just hanging in the return plenum, but there is no wire labeled "room sensor". I have a second double black wire (same type as the freeze sensor wire) that is cut short to about 3 inches and then sealed at then end with a black glue. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
    -Greg
    2021 Imagine 2400BH
    2018 F-150, 3.5EB, 6.5ft bed, Max Tow Pkg, Equalizer 4

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GregTheLeg View Post
    NB,
    Are there a "room sensor" and "freeze sensor" both? I have a wire labeled "freeze sensor" with a copper sensor and blue clip just hanging in the return plenum, but there is no wire labeled "room sensor". I have a second double black wire (same type as the freeze sensor wire) that is cut short to about 3 inches and then sealed at then end with a black glue. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
    -Greg
    The room sensor is inside the plastic control box (2 screws, I think). I drilled a small hole in the cover to poke the room sensor through the cover, and through the filter. BTW, my freeze sensor also fell off, you can reattach it by pushing it between two of the fins in the middle of the evaporator.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NB,
    I have a second double black wire (same type as the freeze sensor wire) that is cut short to about 3 inches and then sealed at then end with a black glue. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
    -Greg
    This sounds like the room sensor, have someone watch the thermostat and hold it in your fingers if it is under about 85, if higher hold a piece of ice to it. The thermostat temp will change if this is the room sensor.
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    2017 Flagstaff 831CLBSS - Sold 5/2021.
    2017 F150 Super crew, 3.5EB, long bed, max tow, 1800lbs payload. Pro Pride, prior WDH Blue Ox SwayPro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion A/C

NB,

Thanks,
    -Greg
    Yes the 3" wire with the sealed end is the room sensor.
    Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    If they are Furrion
    Do you have a trailer yet?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    The 2670MK just showed up at the dealer....AND it has 2 Furrion A/Cs. So before towing this winter I'll have to jerry-rig the the room sensor.

I called GD Imagine Service regarding just why they let these units out of production. I also asked:
    Why is the customer the last stop on the production line?
    Has anyone at GD called Furrion and asked why they are selling such a poor design?

The nice person said she would relay my concerns to someone who can make production decisions. I'm not optimistic because GD knew about this issue last winter. She also said that there are "extension kits" that are on back order. I mentioned that according to the last stop in the GD production line, the owners, there is enough wire there to pull the room sensor through the grating. She didn't know that.

Now this is a small thing, but it becomes a big deal for the guy whose water lines freeze while towing in cold weather. Not every owner reads the forum.

I'm interested to learn if our PDI tech knows anything about this design flaw. We do our PDI next week.

Happy camping y'all!

Dave
    2022 Imagine 2670MK - ProPride - TV Ram 1500
    2018 Isata-3 24FW - Toad 2019 Wrangler 2.0 Turbo
    2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA - Toad 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
    2011 Spree 323RLS, 2007 Zeppelin 281- TV Armada

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE]

I'm interested to learn if our PDI tech knows anything about this design flaw. We do our PDI next week.

I know when I picked up our 2600RB on a cold day this past April my PDI tech had zero clue about this issue. They had the furnace on and he couldn’t figure out why it was so hot in the coach when he had the Tstat set to only 60. He couldn’t get the furnace to shut off by turning down the Tstat. He had to set it to off. I explained to him what the issue was as I had seen it here on the forum. He had no clue. Doesn’t give me any warm fuzzy feelings if I have to take it in for warranty. I will say the Furrion has been excellent so far on the A/C side of things. However come Sept I’ll be up at over 9000 ft. in the Rockies. I’m going to have to move that temp probe.
    2020 F250 XLT Premium Iconic Silver 4x4 7.3 3.55 Payload-3268 lbs.
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    Previous - 2015 Keystone Passport Elite 23RB
    Previous - 2015 Nissan Titan Pro 4x

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Digger1222;384644]

I know when I picked up our 2600RB on a cold day this past April my PDI tech had zero clue about this issue. They had the furnace on and he couldn’t figure out why it was so hot in the coach when he had the Tstat set to only 60. He couldn’t get the furnace to shut off by turning down the Tstat. He had to set it to off. I explained to him what the issue was as I had seen it here on the forum. He had no clue. Doesn’t give me any warm fuzzy feelings if I have to take it in for warranty. I will say the Furrion has been excellent so far on the A/C side of things. However come Sept I’ll be up at over 9000 ft. in the Rockies. I’m going to have to move that temp probe.
    With the ever constant changes in the industry with supply I do not fault the guys on the front line
    Although in their down time they need to read about everything
    Longtime car salesman here. I knew my product but more importantly the competitions product better than they did
    My PDI was 15 minutes
    I never even met my salesman face to face
    There was no one at the dealership that knew more than me so why listen to them

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=NB Canada;384659]
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger1222 View Post
    There was no one at the dealership that knew more than me so why listen to them

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    I hope that's not the case with our delivery!

Dave
    2022 Imagine 2670MK - ProPride - TV Ram 1500
    2018 Isata-3 24FW - Toad 2019 Wrangler 2.0 Turbo
    2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA - Toad 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
    2011 Spree 323RLS, 2007 Zeppelin 281- TV Armada

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast