User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion Air Conditioners

Is GD still installing the Furrion air conditioners in new construction? Were the issues regarding the temperature sensor & the furnace operation cleared up?

Dave
    2022 Imagine 2670MK - ProPride - TV Ram 1500
    2018 Isata-3 24FW - Toad 2019 Wrangler 2.0 Turbo
    2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA - Toad 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
    2011 Spree 323RLS, 2007 Zeppelin 281- TV Armada

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, and not yet. They are still working on a solution. Seems a second temperature sensor will be needed if you don't want all the fans running almost all the time. Hope they figure it out soon. I'm betting they will have to change the thermostat to allow for two sensors. How they don't have one for each system is beyond me...
    2021 Imagine 2600RB + 2022 Duramax Tahoe RST (previous 2017 MBZ GLS450 burnt to the ground, resulting in destroyed garage and house contents a total loss due to smoke damage)

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbphillips View Post
    Yes, and not yet. They are still working on a solution. Seems a second temperature sensor will be needed if you don't want all the fans running almost all the time. Hope they figure it out soon. I'm betting they will have to change the thermostat to allow for two sensors. How they don't have one for each system is beyond me...
    Where did you hear they were working on it?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this particular to certain models? I just picked a brand new Transcend 261BH a little over a week ago and promptly took it camping in subfreezing temperatures. Furnace temperature control operated just like I expected, same as the last trailer we had. Didn't need to run any fans.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caswelld View Post
    Is GD still installing the Furrion air conditioners in new construction? Were the issues regarding the temperature sensor & the furnace operation cleared up?

Dave
    Unfortunately, yes, they are still using the Furrion AC's at least in the Imagine and Transcend line ups. My 2250RK arrived on Friday and I had the dealer run out and confirm what AC unit was in it and it was a Furrion. I know GD is "aware" of the issue but have not heard any rumors that they were intending to do anything about it. The issue is that Furrion uses a "Room Sensor" that is located in the plenum of the AC unit and does not have a temp sensor in the wall thermostat. I have spent a lot of time researching possible options to resolve this but posted it is on the "Other Forum". I will try to post a similar thread here...

Aside from this issue, the Furrion AC actually has some great features. I will likely just relocate the temp sensor and be done with it.
    Last edited by Heavysledz; 03-15-2021 at 12:31 PM.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Transcend that came off the line on Feb 1st and it has a Coleman mach 15 on it. I'm ok with that.
    Tim and Nora
    2021 Reflection 315 RLTS
    2021 Silverado HD 2500 Duramax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Where did you hear they were working on it?
    Tech support email.
    2021 Imagine 2600RB + 2022 Duramax Tahoe RST (previous 2017 MBZ GLS450 burnt to the ground, resulting in destroyed garage and house contents a total loss due to smoke damage)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tabnab View Post
    I have a Transcend that came off the line on Feb 1st and it has a Coleman mach 15 on it. I'm ok with that.
    Bragger! 😋

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not giving up on the Furrion just yet....I think it has some advantages over the Coleman units but I won't know until I get the room sensor relocated if I like it better or not. I pick up our 2250RK on Thursday. It will go straight in the RV garage at home and then I will start looking into relocating the sensor. I purchased the Castle Winch LLC. remote sensor kit and it looks like it shouldn't be too hard to relocate it to an interior wall or side of an overhead cabinet.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    USMC Veteran

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    Is this particular to certain models? I just picked a brand new Transcend 261BH a little over a week ago and promptly took it camping in subfreezing temperatures. Furnace temperature control operated just like I expected, same as the last trailer we had. Didn't need to run any fans.
    What model AC do you have...Coleman or Furrion? The issue is with the Furrion units and you will not have an issue if you are on shore power and run the AC blower when the furnace is on. It is when the AC blower is off or you don't have an 120VAC source and are running just the furnace. The thermostat doesn't monitor the room temperature. There is a "room sensor" located up inside the AC unit and is designed to have air blowing across it but if you only running the furnace, the warm air never really gets up to the sensor so the furnace will continue to run and the temperature readout on the thermostat will be way off....
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    USMC Veteran

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast