User Tag List

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion A/C

Quote Originally Posted by caswelld View Post
    The 2670MK just showed up at the dealer....AND it has 2 Furrion A/Cs. So before towing this winter I'll have to jerry-rig the the room sensor.

I called GD Imagine Service regarding just why they let these units out of production. I also asked:
    Why is the customer the last stop on the production line?
    Has anyone at GD called Furrion and asked why they are selling such a poor design?

The nice person said she would relay my concerns to someone who can make production decisions. I'm not optimistic because GD knew about this issue last winter. She also said that there are "extension kits" that are on back order. I mentioned that according to the last stop in the GD production line, the owners, there is enough wire there to pull the room sensor through the grating. She didn't know that.

Now this is a small thing, but it becomes a big deal for the guy whose water lines freeze while towing in cold weather. Not every owner reads the forum.

I'm interested to learn if our PDI tech knows anything about this design flaw. We do our PDI next week.

Happy camping y'all!

Dave
    Thanks for the information. I will also call GD about the extensions for the thermostat. I also have a 2670MK that I received in May and took our first trip last week. It was a nightmare keeping the temperature constant between the 2 a/c units. I poked the sensors through the grill but the problem is when one unit is in operation it pushes air through the air return of the other unit and the sensor thinks everything is good. The thermostat with the unit that wasn't operating read 55 deg. because it sees air from the unit running. Crazy. Furrion said to keep the fan on low but here in Florida with high humidity, you cannot keep the fan operating. When the compressor cycles off, the evaporator coil is wet with moisture, and with the fan operating all the water evaporates back into the trailer.

Good luck
    Enjoy your 2670MK.

Thanks

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mike and others. Confirmed the short wire with the sealed end was the room sensor and got it poked through the filter.
    -Greg
    2021 Imagine 2400BH
    2018 F-150, 3.5EB, 6.5ft bed, Max Tow Pkg, Equalizer 4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea if I’m in the correct spot, so here goes.
    I have a transcend 200mk with a FACR13SSA furring AC unit in it. I also have a champion 3100 watt generator.
    The issue is the AC won’t work. It flips the breaker on the generator every time I try, no matter the temperature setting.
    I don’t get this as I know we used this same generator to boondock and use our AC on our 200MKS reflection 5th wheel. I’ve googled Furrion but can only find this quote “The running power requirement for the Furrion Chill Replacement RV Air Conditioner part # FACR15SA-BL is 1,720 watts or 15.4 amps and the starting power requirement is 4,800 watts or 40 amps.”.
    So my question, is what is the running and starting power requirements for this 13SA? Do I need a larger or better generator, and if so, why and what size? Inverter or not? So frustrated?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure nothing else is on? Water heater or fridge on AC?

I am not sure which model 14.5k BTU furrion AC I have but it starts and runs fine on my ai power 2300 if not in economy mode.

I have seen posts where GD is adding soft start on some models, so it is possible I have one without adding it myself.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    2017 Flagstaff 831CLBSS - Sold 5/2021.
    2017 F150 Super crew, 3.5EB, long bed, max tow, 1800lbs payload. Pro Pride, prior WDH Blue Ox SwayPro

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this, we’ve figured out that our generator starting watts aren’t enough to start the AC…thought we had a 13.5, actually have a 14.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by llr2800 View Post
    Are you sure nothing else is on? Water heater or fridge on AC?

I am not sure which model 14.5k BTU furrion AC I have but it starts and runs fine on my ai power 2300 if not in economy mode.

I have seen posts where GD is adding soft start on some models, so it is possible I have one without adding it myself.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to install a traditional thermostat for Furrion

Quote Originally Posted by Heavysledz View Post
    To answer your question....NO, a traditional thermostat will not work with the Furrion as it only uses a 2 wire communication bus between the control box and the thermostat unlike most other manufacturer's that have have individual control wires for the furnace, AC compressor and fan.
    Actually YES you can install a traditional thermostat in place of your Furrion one. Watch this YouTube video to see how Jarrod Gillis from All About RV’s did it.
    https://youtu.be/UkJGwlJ3ioU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still a problem with Imagine

Quote Originally Posted by Heavysledz View Post
    What model AC do you have...Coleman or Furrion? The issue is with the Furrion units and you will not have an issue if you are on shore power and run the AC blower when the furnace is on. It is when the AC blower is off or you don't have an 120VAC source and are running just the furnace. The thermostat doesn't monitor the room temperature. There is a "room sensor" located up inside the AC unit and is designed to have air blowing across it but if you only running the furnace, the warm air never really gets up to the sensor so the furnace will continue to run and the temperature readout on the thermostat will be way off....
    Picked up a brand new Imagine 2500RL, furnace runs until the bedroom is roasting hot on shore power. Apparently GD & Furrion have known about this since early 2021 but still shipping this junk. Its at the dealers now for the sensor move. Had other trailer makes with both Dometic & Coleman units and never heard of something like this. Does GD have anyone doing inspections on units they ship?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s a Furrion issue GD allows to continue. Moving the sensors outside the AC unit to a location near the thermostat will fix the furnace and AC operation. I’ve moved the sensors on both my Furrion units and everything now works as it should. Temperature in the room tracks what I’ve set on the thermostat. GD should do this under warranty IMO.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a new Reflection 295RL that we took delivery of in late fall , and it came with the Coleman Mach a/c.
    2016 Chevy Silverado LT Duramax
    2022 Reflection 295RL, after owning 2 Rockwood 8289's

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2022 GD Reflection with GE AC's. I have not run the AC's yet, but the furnace will cook you out before it shuts off. It seems I have the same furnace temp. control problem as the Furrion units. Anyone else with this problem? Thanks.

Dave
    2021 GD Reflection 315 RLTS

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast