User Tag List

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2021 2600RB. Lazydays RV in Tucson relocated the temp sensor to inside the temperature control by the bedroom. Is this a normal relocation spot. They also want to charge me $242.00 for the install saying that GD won't pay for it. When I brought the trailer in, no mention was made about me having to pay for it.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just picked up a 2022 Transcend 245RL And YES THE ROOM SENSOR IS STILL in the AC box!!!!!!! All these years later the issue still exists! Contemplating putting in a micro air thermostat but not sure if that will even fix the issue!!😞

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ander122 View Post
    Just picked up a 2022 Transcend 245RL And YES THE ROOM SENSOR IS STILL in the AC box!!!!!!! All these years later the issue still exists! Contemplating putting in a micro air thermostat but not sure if that will even fix the issue!![emoji20]
    For the A/C yes but the furnace temp sensor is on the thermostat
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2023 22MLE has the Furrion a/c controlled by a Dometic wall thermostat. Did some late fall cold weather camping, and temperature control for the propane furnace overall seems pretty good. Have to set it a couple of degrees warmer than I normally would because most of the heat comes in at the rear of the cabin and the wall thermostat is toward the rear as well.
    2023 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbphillips View Post
    Yes, and not yet. They are still working on a solution. Seems a second temperature sensor will be needed if you don't want all the fans running almost all the time. Hope they figure it out soon. I'm betting they will have to change the thermostat to allow for two sensors. How they don't have one for each system is beyond me...
    GD will send you a thermostat relocation kit that works pretty well free of charge.

I have done in in two different trailers.

I may be lonely but I like the Furrion AC. Mostly for the dehumidifier mode. You can also add a heat strip but I have heard they dont help too much for heat.
    Ex-Nihilo
    2022 2970RL (Fabricated 1/4 Inch Bumper w/ RV Generator Boxes)
    1200AH Lithium, 1000w Solar w/ Victron Multi-Plus II
    5.5K Axles- EOH Disc Brakes- Hensley Arrow
    Road Master Slipper Springs
    2021 RAM Longhorn 2500 Cummins 6.7
    Chattanooga TN

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just helped a neighbor buy and move a new Jayco White Hawk travel trailer. It has Furion A/Cs. The one in the main are has a wall sensor. The bedroom is just a dump type AC.

I thought the main AC was pretty noisy compared to my Mach 15s. And the output was ducted.
    Last edited by traveldawg; 02-03-2023 at 10:14 AM.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExNihilo View Post
    GD will send you a thermostat relocation kit that works pretty well free of charge.

I have done in in two different trailers.

I may be lonely but I like the Furrion AC. Mostly for the dehumidifier mode. You can also add a heat strip but I have heard they dont help too much for heat.
    Furrion’s heat strip is pretty hefty and it’ll heat our whole trailer down to about 40 F outside without issue.

If they’d fix the thermostat, I’ve been happy with the system otherwise. We will see how long it lasts. New setup puts the propane heat thermostat on the wall (we’ve found it to be fairly inaccurate, but it’s there), but even with that there, everything else still uses the thermostat in the roof unit. I poked ours through the filter about 1/2in and it’s been.. fine. It works enough for us to leave it alone. I bet a thermostat relocation would be even better.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to know you're happy with the furrion heat strip. I just had a generic neutral answer from a mobile tech I trust.

Question for you would you add it again or if came installed would you add it on? Also forgive my ignorance does your unit have a fireplace? Ours has a fireplace with electric heater that works pretty well.

The thermostat relocation moves the probe as far as you can reach or fish in the ceiling in my case about 30 inches. It does not make the wall reading "accurate" but I find it very usable.

Thanks in advance.
    Ex-Nihilo
    2022 2970RL (Fabricated 1/4 Inch Bumper w/ RV Generator Boxes)
    1200AH Lithium, 1000w Solar w/ Victron Multi-Plus II
    5.5K Axles- EOH Disc Brakes- Hensley Arrow
    Road Master Slipper Springs
    2021 RAM Longhorn 2500 Cummins 6.7
    Chattanooga TN

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExNihilo View Post
    Good to know you're happy with the furrion heat strip. I just had a generic neutral answer from a mobile tech I trust.

Question for you would you add it again or if came installed would you add it on? Also forgive my ignorance does your unit have a fireplace? Ours has a fireplace with electric heater that works pretty well.

The thermostat relocation moves the probe as far as you can reach or fish in the ceiling in my case about 30 inches. It does not make the wall reading "accurate" but I find it very usable.

Thanks in advance.
    I would 100% do it again. It has been a game changer for us. We were full-time for awhile and the propane savings alone in December paid for it. But even now vacationing we run the electric until it gets seriously cold.

We do not have a fireplace though. So it was propane heat, space heaters (not a fan), or this. A fireplace would certainly be nice and we have met a lot of people that just use those when it isn’t super cold.

Thanks for the tip on relocation. I may look at that in the future as a more ‘elegant’ solution.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Stealth!! Been pondering the heat strips as an addition! Will definitely get them ordered. Did you self install? I did mine on my dometic and was wondering how easy it is to do.

Thanks again

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast