Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion Air Conditioners

Is GD still installing the Furrion air conditioners in new construction? Were the issues regarding the temperature sensor & the furnace operation cleared up?

Dave
    2022 Imagine 2670MK - ProPride - TV Ram 1500
    2018 Isata-3 24FW - Toad 2019 Wrangler 2.0 Turbo
    2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA - Toad 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
    2011 Spree 323RLS, 2007 Zeppelin 281- TV Armada

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, and not yet. They are still working on a solution. Seems a second temperature sensor will be needed if you don't want all the fans running almost all the time. Hope they figure it out soon. I'm betting they will have to change the thermostat to allow for two sensors. How they don't have one for each system is beyond me...
    2021 Imagine 2600RB + 2022 Duramax Tahoe RST (previous 2017 MBZ GLS450 burnt to the ground, resulting in destroyed garage and house contents a total loss due to smoke damage)

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbphillips View Post
    Yes, and not yet. They are still working on a solution. Seems a second temperature sensor will be needed if you don't want all the fans running almost all the time. Hope they figure it out soon. I'm betting they will have to change the thermostat to allow for two sensors. How they don't have one for each system is beyond me...
    Where did you hear they were working on it?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Where did you hear they were working on it?
    Tech support email.
    2021 Imagine 2600RB + 2022 Duramax Tahoe RST (previous 2017 MBZ GLS450 burnt to the ground, resulting in destroyed garage and house contents a total loss due to smoke damage)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbphillips View Post
    GD will send you a thermostat relocation kit that works pretty well free of charge.

I have done in in two different trailers.

I may be lonely but I like the Furrion AC. Mostly for the dehumidifier mode. You can also add a heat strip but I have heard they dont help too much for heat.
    Ex-Nihilo
    2022 2970RL (Fabricated 1/4 Inch Bumper w/ RV Generator Boxes)
    1200AH Lithium, 1000w Solar w/ Victron Multi-Plus II
    5.5K Axles- EOH Disc Brakes- Hensley Arrow
    Road Master Slipper Springs
    2021 RAM Longhorn 2500 Cummins 6.7
    Chattanooga TN

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExNihilo View Post
    GD will send you a thermostat relocation kit that works pretty well free of charge.

I have done in in two different trailers.

I may be lonely but I like the Furrion AC. Mostly for the dehumidifier mode. You can also add a heat strip but I have heard they dont help too much for heat.
    Furrion’s heat strip is pretty hefty and it’ll heat our whole trailer down to about 40 F outside without issue.

If they’d fix the thermostat, I’ve been happy with the system otherwise. We will see how long it lasts. New setup puts the propane heat thermostat on the wall (we’ve found it to be fairly inaccurate, but it’s there), but even with that there, everything else still uses the thermostat in the roof unit. I poked ours through the filter about 1/2in and it’s been.. fine. It works enough for us to leave it alone. I bet a thermostat relocation would be even better.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this particular to certain models? I just picked a brand new Transcend 261BH a little over a week ago and promptly took it camping in subfreezing temperatures. Furnace temperature control operated just like I expected, same as the last trailer we had. Didn't need to run any fans.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    Is this particular to certain models? I just picked a brand new Transcend 261BH a little over a week ago and promptly took it camping in subfreezing temperatures. Furnace temperature control operated just like I expected, same as the last trailer we had. Didn't need to run any fans.
    What model AC do you have...Coleman or Furrion? The issue is with the Furrion units and you will not have an issue if you are on shore power and run the AC blower when the furnace is on. It is when the AC blower is off or you don't have an 120VAC source and are running just the furnace. The thermostat doesn't monitor the room temperature. There is a "room sensor" located up inside the AC unit and is designed to have air blowing across it but if you only running the furnace, the warm air never really gets up to the sensor so the furnace will continue to run and the temperature readout on the thermostat will be way off....
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea if I’m in the correct spot, so here goes.
    I have a transcend 200mk with a FACR13SSA furring AC unit in it. I also have a champion 3100 watt generator.
    The issue is the AC won’t work. It flips the breaker on the generator every time I try, no matter the temperature setting.
    I don’t get this as I know we used this same generator to boondock and use our AC on our 200MKS reflection 5th wheel. I’ve googled Furrion but can only find this quote “The running power requirement for the Furrion Chill Replacement RV Air Conditioner part # FACR15SA-BL is 1,720 watts or 15.4 amps and the starting power requirement is 4,800 watts or 40 amps.”.
    So my question, is what is the running and starting power requirements for this 13SA? Do I need a larger or better generator, and if so, why and what size? Inverter or not? So frustrated?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still a problem with Imagine

Quote Originally Posted by Heavysledz View Post
    What model AC do you have...Coleman or Furrion? The issue is with the Furrion units and you will not have an issue if you are on shore power and run the AC blower when the furnace is on. It is when the AC blower is off or you don't have an 120VAC source and are running just the furnace. The thermostat doesn't monitor the room temperature. There is a "room sensor" located up inside the AC unit and is designed to have air blowing across it but if you only running the furnace, the warm air never really gets up to the sensor so the furnace will continue to run and the temperature readout on the thermostat will be way off....
    Picked up a brand new Imagine 2500RL, furnace runs until the bedroom is roasting hot on shore power. Apparently GD & Furrion have known about this since early 2021 but still shipping this junk. Its at the dealers now for the sensor move. Had other trailer makes with both Dometic & Coleman units and never heard of something like this. Does GD have anyone doing inspections on units they ship?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast