Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help! Roof mounted solar on 2021 GD 2500 RL

We will be getting a solar panel installed on the roof of our 2021 GD 2021 RL. It is prewired for the roof panel. Does anyone know if their are any plugs in the coach that are inverted from 12v already installed during construction given that roof top solar is now an option?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you didnt get solar from the factory, there is no inverter. You would need to install an inverter and a solar charge controller.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As the trailer is pre-wired for Roof top solar panels, I was hoping they would put in some inverted plugs like they do on rockwoods

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CindyBarjak View Post
    We will be getting a solar panel installed on the roof of our 2021 GD 2021 RL. It is prewired for the roof panel. Does anyone know if their are any plugs in the coach that are inverted from 12v already installed during construction given that roof top solar is now an option?
    Not sure what you are asking here. The wired for solar on our 2500RL was a joke. It was merely a place to plug a solar array with 10 gauge wire through the roof. You must wire the system to a solar controller and then your batteries. The connection could handle on 1 array.

An inverter changes 12 V into 110 alternating current,
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you tell me if there is solar prep besides the roof. On the older 2500rl it was on slide side beside pass thru door and cold not see the cover on 2021 pics. thanks