User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

303rls Satellite connection

Hi! We are camping for the second time in our new 2019 303rls. First time out we connected to campground cable through connector in Nautilus center, worked great. We recently purchased a satellite and this time connected to the SAT connection at Nautilus and it wouldn’t set up. Finally called Dish support and after trying several things they determined there is something wrong with the wiring in RV. Told us to try connecting directly to the receiver by running cable through a window. Bingo, set up perfectly. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution? We do not want cable through window and having to stuff up the gap to keep bugs out!! Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a real common problem. We had the same thing on our 303rls. I worked a couple days trying tightening all connections out side of dropping the chloroplast. I drilled a hole in the outside rear corner of the tv/refrigerator slide, took out the fireplace (very easy) , push the cable thru the 1/2" hole in the floor 1'. You can use the same black silicone the factory uses to seal the hole. Next remove the cable cover at the top of the entertainment center and tie a 3/8" nut on heavy fishing line and let it drop to the bottom of the entertainment center. Tie the co-ax cable on an pull it up and attach it to the satellite connection on the cable cover. Replace furnace and hook up tv. We run the upstairs tv on cable in parks and air tv when not. The 1' piece sticking out the bottom of the slide can be coiled up and tucked in while traveling and when setting up you dish, just hook the co-ax up to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same issues. What I did was remove the connection plate above the TV and take the satellite connection and screw it in directly into the receiver. Problem solved and no holes.
    Arnold Warnes
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS
    2004 Ford F350 Lariat 4x4 Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by April055 View Post
    Hi! We are camping for the second time in our new 2019 303rls. First time out we connected to campground cable through connector in Nautilus center, worked great. We recently purchased a satellite and this time connected to the SAT connection at Nautilus and it wouldn’t set up. Finally called Dish support and after trying several things they determined there is something wrong with the wiring in RV. Told us to try connecting directly to the receiver by running cable through a window. Bingo, set up perfectly. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution? We do not want cable through window and having to stuff up the gap to keep bugs out!! Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    There’s nothing wrong with your RV wiring you have to first direct wire from outside satellite antenna directly to the back your box ,once the box has been updated you then disconnect from back of box hook it up to your RV set up and it will work fine we just went through this and learned this on our own because they have no clue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bry1956, Glad yours was easier to fix than mine. I tried what you did too but, it didn't fix mine. I talked to Dish and they told me that there were too many splitters or connections for the Playmaker we have. Rather than trying to make less connections and drop the chloroplast I decided my fix was easier.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve got a 2020 303 the sat connector on the Natilus goes to the connector behind the tv. Did you check the plate to make sure you have a good connection. Make sure the booster is off. I connect the sat to sat connection and change the tv to the appropriate source.
    Jerry & Jeanine
    2016 Ram 3500 MegaCab Diesel
    2014 Reflection 293RES (sold)
    2020 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ksbowman View Post
    Bry1956, Glad yours was easier to fix than mine. I tried what you did too but, it didn't fix mine. I talked to Dish and they told me that there were too many splitters or connections for the Playmaker we have. Rather than trying to make less connections and drop the chloroplast I decided my fix was easier.
    Our tailgator has two connections to run a direct line we did program each box direct line then took each line , One to the satellite connection and one to the bedroom connection and it worked fine the key is you got to use the first main connection on the dish to program each box then you can use both connections on the satellite dish and direct line to your satellite connection and direct line to your bedroom connection and everything will work fine apparently that’s why the satellite dish has two connections on it at least a tailgater does and I believe our connections are the same regardless of whether it’s a reflection and imagine or a solitude they all are connected the same. But I guess in the end whatever works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if I try to drop a fishing line and pull up the coax cable, wouldn't I need more than 1'? Or am I misunderstanding you?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    So if I try to drop a fishing line and pull up the coax cable, wouldn't I need more than 1'? Or am I misunderstanding you?
    The fishing line pull is from the box inside the coach from the cable hookups down to the fireplace area. it took a piece 3'-4' long. then when the co-ax went out the corner of the slide to the outside it only went out 1' .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast