Hello all!

After 3 years of research and planning (mostly planning) my wife and I are finally rookies in the RV world. We just purchased an Imagine 2250RK two days ago. Still need to pick it up and it’s still cold in Michigan but we’re excited!

So far we are loving the mygrandrv forums. There is a lot of useful information. Especially when it came to negotiating. I don’t think i got a great deal (not the forums fault); but probably good enough given the times. I was able to negotiate about 20% off the MSRP but the dealer kept throwing in fees (about $3k) like delivery, dealer prep, and documentation fees. They wouldn’t budge on those numbers. I’m chalking it up to high demand.

Speaking of demand, it is so high right now dealers are not even returning calls, texts, or emails. We had to go to the dealership to get a sales person to talk to us and even then had to wait. Nuts. I’m new to rving but very familiar with the dealership model (worked for Ford Credit for 8 years) and when they don’t budge on numbers its because demand is at the point were they don’t have to. My experience was telling me this is a sellers market but my wife was telling me we’re buying ;-)

All is good though. We plan on keeping this coach for at least 4-5 years while our kids are in college. Then I hope to retire, upgrade to a 5th wheel, and go full-time RVing across the country for a year (or more).

Cheers!