User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Rookie to RV World. Just purchased an Imagine 2250RK

Hello all!

After 3 years of research and planning (mostly planning) my wife and I are finally rookies in the RV world. We just purchased an Imagine 2250RK two days ago. Still need to pick it up and it’s still cold in Michigan but we’re excited!

So far we are loving the mygrandrv forums. There is a lot of useful information. Especially when it came to negotiating. I don’t think i got a great deal (not the forums fault); but probably good enough given the times. I was able to negotiate about 20% off the MSRP but the dealer kept throwing in fees (about $3k) like delivery, dealer prep, and documentation fees. They wouldn’t budge on those numbers. I’m chalking it up to high demand.

Speaking of demand, it is so high right now dealers are not even returning calls, texts, or emails. We had to go to the dealership to get a sales person to talk to us and even then had to wait. Nuts. I’m new to rving but very familiar with the dealership model (worked for Ford Credit for 8 years) and when they don’t budge on numbers its because demand is at the point were they don’t have to. My experience was telling me this is a sellers market but my wife was telling me we’re buying ;-)

All is good though. We plan on keeping this coach for at least 4-5 years while our kids are in college. Then I hope to retire, upgrade to a 5th wheel, and go full-time RVing across the country for a year (or more).

Cheers!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome and good luck with your unit

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlovett View Post
    Hello all!

After 3 years of research and planning (mostly planning) my wife and I are finally rookies in the RV world. We just purchased an Imagine 2250RK two days ago. Still need to pick it up and it’s still cold in Michigan but we’re excited!

So far we are loving the mygrandrv forums. There is a lot of useful information. Especially when it came to negotiating. I don’t think i got a great deal (not the forums fault); but probably good enough given the times. I was able to negotiate about 20% off the MSRP but the dealer kept throwing in fees (about $3k) like delivery, dealer prep, and documentation fees. They wouldn’t budge on those numbers. I’m chalking it up to high demand.

Speaking of demand, it is so high right now dealers are not even returning calls, texts, or emails. We had to go to the dealership to get a sales person to talk to us and even then had to wait. Nuts. I’m new to rving but very familiar with the dealership model (worked for Ford Credit for 8 years) and when they don’t budge on numbers its because demand is at the point were they don’t have to. My experience was telling me this is a sellers market but my wife was telling me we’re buying ;-)

All is good though. We plan on keeping this coach for at least 4-5 years while our kids are in college. Then I hope to retire, upgrade to a 5th wheel, and go full-time RVing across the country for a year (or more).

Cheers!

Congrats on your new TT and welcome to the forum!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats, we also ordered a 2250RK at the Idaho RV show last month in order get a better deal than buying the show model. It arrived on Friday and we are scheduled to sign and drive on Thursday...can wait to get it home and parked in the RV garage so I can start modifying it
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the group.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now this is embarrassing. We made a huge mistake assuming all the paperwork we signed during the sales process (purchase agreement, sales contract, credit application, etc) was included in the folder we received after meeting with the finance manager. Of course I'm kicking myself in the (you know what) for not checking before we left. Much to my surprise, the ONLY paperwork in the folder were: A) credit scores and B) Post-sales dealer add-on (ie warranties, insurance, etc). Nothing else.

I contacted the finance guy we worked with and he was nice enough to send me a copy of the sales contract via pdf but it had no signatures. Also, the numbers were higher than what I believe we agreed to. I tried contacting the dealership again but have not heard back from them. They are not responding to my email or voicemails and unfortunately are over 2 hours away so I'd have to take a day off work to visit. I understand the RV process is different but never in my 30+ years of doing business have I felt like I was being kept in the dark like this.

We are scheduled to take delivery April 3 so we have plenty of time to work this out but it's impossible if the dealer won't engage. I'm thinking about engaging GD to see if they have a dealer rep that can help us out. Dunno. But this behavior creates a very negative perception of this dealer. It's not great for Grand Design either (they recommended the dealer) or the industry as a whole.

I'm wondering what my options are at this point. My wife and I are not happy but we still want the coach. I'd like to to cancel this transaction and just go with another dealer. However, since I have no copies of anything we signed I have no idea if that's even possible. We prefer to NOT go the legal route as it will just complicate things and delay the process; However, at some point it will be my only option if the dealer continues to ignore us.

Surprised a business that sells 5-6 figure luxury items can actually stay in business with a process like this.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlovett View Post
    Now this is embarrassing. We made a huge mistake assuming all the paperwork we signed during the sales process (purchase agreement, sales contract, credit application, etc) was included in the folder we received after meeting with the finance manager. Of course I'm kicking myself in the (you know what) for not checking before we left. Much to my surprise, the ONLY paperwork in the folder were: A) credit scores and B) Post-sales dealer add-on (ie warranties, insurance, etc). Nothing else.

I contacted the finance guy we worked with and he was nice enough to send me a copy of the sales contract via pdf but it had no signatures. Also, the numbers were higher than what I believe we agreed to. I tried contacting the dealership again but have not heard back from them. They are not responding to my email or voicemails and unfortunately are over 2 hours away so I'd have to take a day off work to visit. I understand the RV process is different but never in my 30+ years of doing business have I felt like I was being kept in the dark like this.

We are scheduled to take delivery April 3 so we have plenty of time to work this out but it's impossible if the dealer won't engage. I'm thinking about engaging GD to see if they have a dealer rep that can help us out. Dunno. But this behavior creates a very negative perception of this dealer. It's not great for Grand Design either (they recommended the dealer) or the industry as a whole.

I'm wondering what my options are at this point. My wife and I are not happy but we still want the coach. I'd like to to cancel this transaction and just go with another dealer. However, since I have no copies of anything we signed I have no idea if that's even possible. We prefer to NOT go the legal route as it will just complicate things and delay the process; However, at some point it will be my only option if the dealer continues to ignore us.

Surprised a business that sells 5-6 figure luxury items can actually stay in business with a process like this.
    I think by law they are obligated to provide you with copies. I would call back and leave them a stern warning about you seeking legal support if they do not comply with your request for copies of all of the documentation you signed.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran