Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    https://www.samsung.com/us/home-appl...f18hfenbsr-us/

This is what comes from the factory. Whether or not you'll have to modify the compartment any I can't help you with.
    We just purchased a Solitude S-class with a residential fridge. Here's a link to what came in ours:
    https://www.samsung.com/us/home-appl...r-aa/#benefits
    Kim and Mark Lewis
    Lizzy the cat
    2021 Solitude S-class 3540GK-R

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maldds View Post
    We just purchased a Solitude S-class with a residential fridge. Here's a link to what came in ours:
    https://www.samsung.com/us/home-appl...r-aa/#benefits
    Interesting, that is new. Friends just picked up a 380 6 weeks ago or so and it still had the other one. Wonder if it’s a change over or what was available???

Looks nice though.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    Interesting, that is new. Friends just picked up a 380 6 weeks ago or so and it still had the other one. Wonder if it’s a change over or what was available???

Looks nice though.
    It looks nice is right. Too bad it doesn't work. In touch with Samsung to get it fixed is turning into a nightmare. I'd rather not take it an RV dealer and have them keep it for a month while they work on it, so I called Samsung directly to have it repaired. What a run around.
    Kim and Mark Lewis
    Lizzy the cat
    2021 Solitude S-class 3540GK-R

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usage questions for fellow -R models out there:
    1. Does keeping the inverter on do anything when plugged in to shore power? I tend to keep mine off, but does it effect anything negatively if it stays on? Meaning, does the power more or less auto-route anyway when plugged in, or does the inverter on mean the fridge is always running from battery, even when plugged in? Other than obvious usage wear on the inverter, is there any downside to this? (I still have the 2 stock auto batteries that don't do much so I only run the inverter when driving).

2. Winterizing: any problems or issues you've found if you winterize your rig with a residential fridge with the ice maker setup? Our sales guy is a proponent of blowing out the water lines - NC so we really don't get much of any hard freezes, but he hadn't figured out how to blow out the ice maker line properly. My parents had this same issue in their Class A, and ruined an ice maker when it froze (dad was also blowing out his lines with air). I can of course do the full, standard process with antifreeze and make some pink ice, but I'm curious what my options are and what I need to be watching out for.

Thanks!
    Last edited by JM0397; 06-14-2021 at 10:34 AM.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM0397 View Post
    Usage questions for fellow -R models out there:
    1. Does keeping the inverter on do anything when plugged in to shore power?...
    2. Winterizing: any problems or issues you've found if you winterize your rig with a residential fridge with the ice maker setup?...
    Your RV should have come with an automatic transfer switch. If your inverter is on and shore power is lost, power to the fridge will be provided by the inverter from the battery. Many people leave their inverter on all the time and there is no harm in doing this. If you have shore power, it will use shore power, not battery power. That's what the transfer switch does.

Lots of threads on what is the preferred way to winterize your RV (and ice maker). I prefer to use anti-freeze. The next guy that replies will prefer to blow the lines out. I've watched some videos of guys blowing lines out and it left some water in the lines. That's why I prefer anti-freeze since it will displace the water.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    Your RV should have come with an automatic transfer switch. If your inverter is on and shore power is lost, power to the fridge will be provided by the inverter from the battery. Many people leave their inverter on all the time and there is no harm in doing this. If you have shore power, it will use shore power, not battery power. That's what the transfer switch does.

Lots of threads on what is the preferred way to winterize your RV (and ice maker). I prefer to use anti-freeze. The next guy that replies will prefer to blow the lines out. I've watched some videos of guys blowing lines out and it left some water in the lines. That's why I prefer anti-freeze since it will displace the water.
    Thanks, Brian, one fewer step on my breakdown checklist - I'll just leave the inverter on!

For the water lines, I am eying a product, I don't recall what it's called at the moment, but it's basically a small self-contained electric compressor about the size of an old, thicker laptop PC, that connects to the main water inlet and gives you on-board blowout of lines on the fly, whenever you want. It runs about $300 so I think I'll get through one winter season and see if we want to bring it in/out of storage for some winter trips, or if we just leave it parked for a few months, doing the traditional antifreeze winterization won't be a big deal.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maldds View Post
    It looks nice is right. Too bad it doesn't work. In touch with Samsung to get it fixed is turning into a nightmare. I'd rather not take it an RV dealer and have them keep it for a month while they work on it, so I called Samsung directly to have it repaired. What a run around.
    Skip Samsung if possible. Google for local appliance repair co. Find one with good reviews and call them directly and ask if the are a factory approved repair co. You'll probably find a few. I've sold a bunch of appliances over the years through our remodeling business (though never Samsung so I may not be helping at all) We always had better luck going directly to a local company whenever possible. Usually a much better repair success rate the 1st time out. The rules from the manufacturers would change periodically but whenever we could we would bypass the manufacturer. There usually many more that are authorized than what the manufactures will provide. Usually a contract is involved for special pricing from the repair co in exchange for all the referrals from the factory. However that would usually turn into multiple trips and sub par repair people.

Good luck
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sales guy called and said our unit is in at the dealership.

It came with a Norcold RV fridge.

Was looking forward to the residential fridge as we plug in at home all the time.
    2018 Chev Silverado 3500 HD diesel
    2021 Solitude 380FL

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Owner View Post
    Sales guy called and said our unit is in at the dealership.

It came with a Norcold RV fridge.

Was looking forward to the residential fridge as we plug in at home all the time.
    It came in with whatever the dealership ordered as. If your unit had the option of the residential and you didn't get it, I would not be taking delivery.

Newly full timing in our 2021 Momentum 395MS-R with our tow pig being a 2021 F-450 KR

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldcoach68 View Post
    Please tell me how to turn the refrigerator off when not using it. I found the on/off control for the ice maker but no on/off for the refrigerator. The tech that did our walk through when picking up the new solitude did not know how to turn it off. The user manual does not give instructions on how to turn it off.
    In the manual it says to push the two buttons for temperature and power cool at the same time and hold for a second.
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast