User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Residential Samsung Refrigerator in my solitude

Please tell me how to turn the refrigerator off when not using it. I found the on/off control for the ice maker but no on/off for the refrigerator. The tech that did our walk through when picking up the new solitude did not know how to turn it off. The user manual does not give instructions on how to turn it off.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't mention what model you have but you should have a sub panel with a breaker for your fridge. That's how I turn mine off in my Solitude 310GK-R.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There should be a secondary breaker box (separate from the main power panel) with two or three breakers on it. One should be labeled for the fridge. Our secondary box is in the buffet lower cabinet in the space to the left of the main power center. We have factory solar and a 2,000 watt inverter, so your installation may be a bit different if you don't have the solar - but you will have the secondary breaker box.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldcoach68 View Post
    Please tell me how to turn the refrigerator off when not using it. I found the on/off control for the ice maker but no on/off for the refrigerator. The tech that did our walk through when picking up the new solitude did not know how to turn it off. The user manual does not give instructions on how to turn it off.
    To completely turn it off you'll need to find the breaker. If you push and hold the the freezer and power freeze button ( I believe that's what they are called) simultaneously it will turn off the compressor but not the interior lights. If you then open the doors to dry it out while plugged in the light stays on the door open dinger wont stop dinging. If its unplugged and the inverter is off then its fine.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a solitude 385GK-R. The dealer is telling me you have to turn off the power to the camper and also the inverter.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldcoach68 View Post
    I have a solitude 385GK-R. The dealer is telling me you have to turn off the power to the camper and also the inverter.
    Dealer doesn't know what he's talking about. Imagine that. Just flip the breaker for the fridge.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    You don't mention what model you have but you should have a sub panel with a breaker for your fridge. That's how I turn mine off in my Solitude 310GK-R.
    I had to figure out how to turn mine off as well after it was converted from the Norcold. Turns out the dealer wired mine into the same breaker that turned off power to the Norcold fridge in the main breaker panel. It's labeled fridge of course and I don't have a separate breaker box. Neat.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my 2021 Momentum I must turn off main breaker and inverter.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My fridge breaker is in main panel
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the Samsung, check the manual. There is double-button press that'll put it in showroom mode, where the lights are on but no one is home... haha, meaning lights on but fridge and freezer are off.
    Press the Power Freeze and the Freezer buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds until you hear a beep. Repeat process to turn back on.
    Funny, the manual says "showroom use, not for consumer use". Like the function stops working once you bring it home???
    Of course, you can also just flip the breaker!
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast