User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to know! I was going to remove it but DW wanted it left in place as "insurance"
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    The latch that comes from the factory is not from Samsung - it's installed by GD. I just removed it and plugged the holes with stainless steel screws.

Rob
    I went for the analog solution for mine, so far so good lol. I do use the fridge door lock GD uses and a small bungee cord around the handles as backup. It's survived several trips through the horribly rough roads and construction on I-10 outside Katy Texas.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fridge lock (2).jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	33283
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Owner View Post
    How are you guys liking your residential fridges?
    Hate it. Once I figured out how to install the thermostat controlled fans in the 110V/propane fridge we never had a problem cooling again, even in Death Valley. But the G D dealer wanted to charge me $6,500 to swap th residential fridge for a standard two way one.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by [email protected]; 04-09-2021 at 01:09 PM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like there is no in between with the residential fridge.

Love em or hate em.

Just getting ready to order the locking thingy from Amazon for the residential fridge. Came to double check the size to get the "right one"
    2018 Chev Silverado 3500 HD diesel
    2021 Solitude 380FL

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Oh, do they! (We're talking about the Samsug residential fridges, here.) The latch they put on the doors from the factory is about as useful as a screen door on a submarine (though I suppose it would keep the fish out). Here's the sure-fire cure (only fits specific fridges):

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's rock-solid and there's no way the doors nor the freezer drawer will open while traveling now. The whole unit tipping over is another story and there are several threads on that...

Rob
    So: we're just back from an 1800 mile round trip from Indiana to NH and back, in the course of 3 weeks+ with our brand new 345GK-R. And we love the Samsung. But the lock, as noted, is next to worthless. (See note below about I-84 in New York state.) When we arrived in NH, on the last leg of the trip out and ran the slides out, we found quite a mess on the floor (scrambled raw egg, among other things) and a dent on the top of the freezer compartment. We spent 45 minutes cleaning up. On the return trip, we checked the fridge at every stop; and even attempted to secure the "lock" with a twist tie, but still had the doors come open. In retrospect, I wish I'd seen this thread prior to the trip. I'm considering ask GD to supply us with dented/broken parts (one of the door trays bounced out and broke, too). The true lock that Rob suggested is now on order.

Other than that, we love it: it comes to temperature within an hour or so of being turned on (rather than 1–2 days for the gas absorption style) and it keeps things at temp beautifully. We'll never go back. (And we love the 345, apart from a couple of things the dealer needs to . . . fix.)

About rough roads: Of all the roads we drove, it's pretty clear that whoever engineered/worked on the bridge/overpass joints and approaches on I-84 in New York state did a terrible job; or they just haven't ever been remediated. I dunno. But that section of road was awful.

Jim
    Jim and Merna

2021 Solitude 345GK-R w/ 17.5 wheels/Cooper H-rated tires (replacing a 2014 Solitude 369RL).
    8k axles upgraded with Mor-Ryde IS/disc brakes and Solar (1280 watts + 800Ah Lithium batteries).
    2015 F-350 6.7 diesel SRW, Curt 20k hitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good afternoon all,
    Quick question. We have a 2019 380FL and would like to change out the Nevercold Refrigerator to the residential Samsung. Does anyone know the part number to the residential fridge that comes with the new RV's ?
    Looking for an easy swap without having to modify the compartment.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLight_Test_dude View Post
    Good afternoon all,
    Quick question. We have a 2019 380FL and would like to change out the Nevercold Refrigerator to the residential Samsung. Does anyone know the part number to the residential fridge that comes with the new RV's ?
    Looking for an easy swap without having to modify the compartment.
    https://www.samsung.com/us/home-appl...f18hfenbsr-us/

This is what comes from the factory. Whether or not you'll have to modify the compartment any I can't help you with.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perfect Thank you. I'll give GD a call

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLight_Test_dude View Post
    Perfect Thank you. I'll give GD a call
    If you want the icemaker to work, you'll need an extra water line also. Easy enough to do, but the -R models come with an extra valve in the Nautilus system.
    It's quite handy, but I've heard winterizing that line can be problematic.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=JM0397;375489
    It's quite handy, but I've heard winterizing that line can be problematic.[/QUOTE]

Its another step and not the speediest thing to do but its not hard. There is a button on the icemaker that will cycle and refill the ice tray. You have to keep pressing it until you see the pink water come through. That requires sliding the shelf with the ice bucket in after each press to catch the water dumping from the tray. Its the only way I know of to make sure everything is winterized.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast