User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LanerC View Post
    In the manual it says to push the two buttons for temperature and power cool at the same time and hold for a second.
    actually I think its the freezer control buttons at the same time.
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Owner View Post
    How are you guys liking your residential fridges?
    great but eats battery power, ended up with 3 lithium batteries.
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    Skip Samsung if possible. Google for local appliance repair co. Find one with good reviews and call them directly and ask if the are a factory approved repair co. You'll probably find a few. I've sold a bunch of appliances over the years through our remodeling business (though never Samsung so I may not be helping at all) We always had better luck going directly to a local company whenever possible. Usually a much better repair success rate the 1st time out. The rules from the manufacturers would change periodically but whenever we could we would bypass the manufacturer. There usually many more that are authorized than what the manufactures will provide. Usually a contract is involved for special pricing from the repair co in exchange for all the referrals from the factory. However that would usually turn into multiple trips and sub par repair people.

Good luck
    Unfortunately there are no authorized Samsung repair companies in my area. I'm forced to take it to a dealer so they can have it diagnosed and submit to GD for warranty repair or replacement. I have to wait until August 2 to take it into the dealer and they said they would have it for two to four weeks which I'm sure means two to four months. Not too happy with the situation, but it is what it is. I'm using a cooler for food so I can still camp. Otherwise, I absolutely love my new 3540GK-R.
    Kim and Mark Lewis
    Lizzy the cat
    2021 Solitude S-class 3540GK-R

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I purchased my 345GK in April. I’m trying to find out if the truck will provide enough charging while towing to prevent batteries from running down with this refrigerator & if 2 group 31 105 AH AGM batteries are sufficient to run it overnight when boondocking. Does anyone have an answer? I’m also considering the 300 watt Jaboni solar kit. We do not actually boondocks, just occasionally have to stop for one night at a Cracker Barrel. Do I need the solar kit? Thanks
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USA in a Chevrolet View Post
    I purchased my 345GK in April. I’m trying to find out if the truck will provide enough charging while towing to prevent batteries from running down with this refrigerator & if 2 group 31 105 AH AGM batteries are sufficient to run it overnight when boondocking. Does anyone have an answer? I’m also considering the 300 watt Jaboni solar kit. We do not actually boondocks, just occasionally have to stop for one night at a Cracker Barrel. Do I need the solar kit? Thanks
    For what it’s worth, on our maiden trip in our 345 in April/May, we had the identical setup and the 2 batteries and charging from driving during the day worked fine, overnight, etc. The fridge doesn’t draw much amperage. We have NOT tested whether we could go more than a day+night without shore power.
    Jim and Merna

2021 Solitude 345GK-R w/ 17.5 wheels/Cooper H-rated tires (replacing a 2014 Solitude 369RL).
    8k axles upgraded with Mor-Ryde IS/disc brakes and Solar (1280 watts + 800Ah Lithium batteries).
    2015 F-350 6.7 diesel SRW, Curt 20k hitch.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimibooks View Post
    For what it’s worth, on our maiden trip in our 345 in April/May, we had the identical setup and the 2 batteries and charging from driving during the day worked fine, overnight, etc. The fridge doesn’t draw much amperage. We have NOT tested whether we could go more than a day+night without shore power.
    Thanks for the info. By same setup do you mean with or without solar power? I don’t have solar yet.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. By same setup do you mean with or without solar power? I don’t have solar yet.
    No solar involved in this initial 3-week run. The 2 12-V lead-acid batteries (like yours) held up just fine for a 900-mile one-way trip, with overnight stops not plugged in.
    Jim and Merna

2021 Solitude 345GK-R w/ 17.5 wheels/Cooper H-rated tires (replacing a 2014 Solitude 369RL).
    8k axles upgraded with Mor-Ryde IS/disc brakes and Solar (1280 watts + 800Ah Lithium batteries).
    2015 F-350 6.7 diesel SRW, Curt 20k hitch.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just had a storm come through and lost power. I only have the two lead acid batteries and no solar power. After twelve hours of no shore power, my batteries were down to 12.2 volts according to the one control display.
    2014 Ford F350 Supercab DRW
    2021 Solitude 378 MBS-R FBP, Dual pane windows

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the Jaboni solar ordered with my momentum. If you do not already have it, do not buy it.
    It is high priced and the controller does not perform to spec. I recommend Victron controllers, and battery monitors. Lots of options on panels. Two basic choices: Large residential types (3-400)or smaller. The larger ones generally are cheaper per watt. the smaller ones are eaiser to lay out around roof obstructions. The 100 watters have a lot of options and seem to be the most popular. If I was staring from scratch that what I would use. Search my posts for my Jaboni experiences... My first ones were positive, later turning negative as I learned more.
    Last edited by huntindog; 08-13-2021 at 10:26 PM.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkybeau1 View Post
    We just had a storm come through and lost power. I only have the two lead acid batteries and no solar power. After twelve hours of no shore power, my batteries were down to 12.2 volts according to the one control display.
    Thanks for the info. During the time you had no power did you use anything else like lights?
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast