User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3.7 CF Insignia Oven Makes Appearance in 2021 Solitude 373

I saw this yesterday on one of our regional GDRV dealers sites where a 2021 Solitude has an Insignia oven. https://www.glrv.com/product/2021-gr...de-373fb-copy/

Alliance and at least one other manufacturer is installing them too. Carol shared that she did read some FB posts elsewhere that folks seem quite pleased.

This oven may be a viable option to the inferior small ovens used in most RVs. Folks who wish to use the oven have shared many complaints about the current inferior ovens. We use ours for bread/buns storage and it works quite well.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The oven looks good. I can't find any info on it though. If you search through Insignia using oven, stove or range it does not show up on their website. Could it be a different manufacturer, but the Insignia model? I looked on Google as well, couldn't find info. I'd be interested in doing an oven swap for a better oven. I've actually thought about getting a 24" residential gas oven and use a LP conversion kit. Currently it doesnt bother us that much so I havent fully worked out details for going that route.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of us have been trying to find information over the weeks since we first saw this in Alliance RVs but have come up empty as well. I have not done any research in the last month or so. Insignia being a Best Buy brand was the first thought but nothing could be found.

Maybe some of the GDRV folks here who have been and are part of the Alliance FB development group for several months have details now and will chime in.

Dan
    Dan & Carol

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the 2021 344GK-R. I am in it right now, test driving it two miles from my house. My kid thinks it's weird we are using it so close to home in an RV park we never knew was here.

Anyway, we have the Insignia range. The size is nice, The oven is huge for a TT. The stove burners are heavy duty, like at home. The only problem...They put the temperature markings on the dial which is under a lip and very hard to get enough light to see what you have the oven set too Othewise, a very nice unit. The stove top really is heavy duty, thick grates and at home burners.

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    I saw this yesterday on one of our regional GDRV dealers sites where a 2021 Solitude has an Insignia oven. https://www.glrv.com/product/2021-gr...de-373fb-copy/

Alliance and at least one other manufacturer is installing them too. Carol shared that she did read some FB posts elsewhere that folks seem quite pleased.

This oven may be a viable option to the inferior small ovens used in most RVs. Folks who wish to use the oven have shared many complaints about the current inferior ovens. We use ours for bread/buns storage and it works quite well.

Dan
    2021 GD 344GK-R
    PullRite Super 5th 24K
    2006 & 2018 Ram 2500, 5.9 Cummins Diesel
    Wife: Canadian

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugoutnut View Post
    We have the 2021 344GK-R. I am in it right now, test driving it two miles from my house. My kid thinks it's weird we are using it so close to home in an RV park we never knew was here.

Anyway, we have the Insignia range. The size is nice, The oven is huge for a TT. The stove burners are heavy duty, like at home. The only problem...They put the temperature markings on the dial which is under a lip and very hard to get enough light to see what you have the oven set too Othewise, a very nice unit. The stove top really is heavy duty, thick grates and at home burners.
    Thanks, for sharing this ! We knew that GDRV was producing some models using the Insignia. It will be good to hear your reports going forward on how well it actually works over time.

Enjoy that new 344......a very nice and popular Solitude for years !

Dan
    Dan & Carol

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Insignia is an in-house name for Best Buy brand name products.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TFB176602 View Post
    Insignia is an in-house name for Best Buy brand name products.
    Yes - was covered in my post #3 in this thread. Also addressed in another thread on this oven as well where this oven is not found on the BB site.

Dan
    Dan & Carol

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following thread. Our 2020 375RES-R has the older unit and we are interested in seeing if the new unit performs as anticipated. Might jump on the new unit in a year or so. Prior to purchasing our GD Solitude. We looked at a Redwood 5th wheel that had the residential Insigia range / oven. Wife liked it, we just couldn't afford the $110-k to buy the oven.
    2019 Ford F350 Dually
    2020 GD Solitude 375RES-R

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can just call QAV in Elkhart about the range.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thru some information channels it is likely a direct business to business relationship set up between the RV maker and Best Buy for Business for specific items made only for the them.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast