Excuse my ignorance, am I overthinking this or am I missing a piece of the puzzle? It may be right in front of me, cause it has been a whirlwind purchasing the RV and getting my truck set up.

I am looking around trying to find all the parts I need to add a second a/c in the bedroom area of a 340RDS. My understanding is the A/C, the underside grill, and the thermostat for the most part are sold separately. I can find the parts on the Grand Design part lookup page, but I can't find their equivalents like at etrailer or Amazon with any amount of certainty. Seems pretty simple to install so I want to take the savings. I just need the part numbers for the grill and thermostat, or if I have to, jump on the roof and get the model off the existing a/c.

I may end up replacing the thermostat with the Bluetooth equivalent or Compass compatible similar to what I have now, but not 100% certain I am comparing apples to apples. I would like to be able to control my a/c remotely because I have to leave Fido behind sometimes and want to make sure a/c is running. I see a lot of posts where people are asking if it can be done and for part numbers, but I have only found 1 with the actual numbers and links, so its either really easy and I am missing the bus, or people are private messaging the information in the background instead of posting since the thread seem to die after a "yea its possible" or "the wiring is there" response. The single post I did find is not giving me the warm and fuzzy that its what I need.

I like the Atwood heat pump, but that thermostat looks like straight out of the 70's. The Furrion looks space age and comes complete looks like, but I would like to see other options. I went down the rabbit hole of trying to get the compass system also to talk to the thermostat, but seems like a whole lot of money and may not even be possible.

I would think this is a sticky out there with part numbers to get you to the factory setup, cause I bet (and have seen) a lot of people leave the lot with a single a/c and after one summer start looking for that second a/c. I did try to buy a unit with the second a/c but it was either get a really really good price or almost pay MSRP at another dealer for a unit with the second a/c. Thanks in advance.