Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One Control & Fuel Bay Fuel Level

We're having some generator issues that might eventually point to fuel problems. I'll post a separate thread for that. Anyway, in the course of troubleshooting the gennie, I'm curious about the One Control's connection to the fuel bay in the garage (M399th). I've moved some fuel from the rear tank to the gennie tank, and got a big spike on the One Control fuel level.

This begs the question: is the One Control only connected to the forward tank, or is it connected to both tanks in the fuel bay? If both, how do you differentiate on the touchscreen?

Something I also noticed is that the standard state of the fuel gauge in the fuel bay is Empty. When I press the button to get a reading, it shows about 1/4 tank, which is about the level I actually think I have in the rear tank. So, it looks correct.

Is the One Control configured to read the gennie tank, and the fuel bay gauge configured to read the aft tank? Or, is there something wrong with the gennie tank's connection to the gauge in the fuel bay?

TIA!
    Chuck & Madelyn
    2021 M399th
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 MC DRW

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's correct....One control gives you a reading of the generator tank only. The fueling tank gauge at the fueling station is for that tank only. The real accuracy of either of those tanks is anyone's guess.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    That's correct....One control gives you a reading of the generator tank only. The fueling tank gauge at the fueling station is for that tank only. The real accuracy of either of those tanks is anyone's guess.
    This is actually great news, because I thought I was going slightly crazy. This issue, coupled with the generator problem we were having, were making me nuts! Now that both appear to be solved are an unbelievable relief.

I'm not too concerned about accuracy. I'm happy with a ballpark. It's stuff like this that I should have covered during PDI (and didn't, all on me) that keep me up at night. Now we can get back on the road and start enjoying the adventure.

Thank you for responding!

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck.N View Post
    This is actually great news, because I thought I was going slightly crazy. This issue, coupled with the generator problem we were having, were making me nuts! Now that both appear to be solved are an unbelievable relief.

I'm not too concerned about accuracy. I'm happy with a ballpark. It's stuff like this that I should have covered during PDI (and didn't, all on me) that keep me up at night. Now we can get back on the road and start enjoying the adventure.

Thank you for responding!
    Yes Sir....glad to help. Did you see my reply in the generator thread you started?
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Sir....glad to help. Did you see my reply in the generator thread you started?
    Yes sir, I did. Thank you.

Did you see my reply? In a nutshell, I tried to show a tech, and everything worked. Fired right up.

Bizarre!

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck.N View Post
    Yes sir, I did. Thank you.

Did you see my reply? In a nutshell, I tried to show a tech, and everything worked. Fired right up.

Bizarre!
    Well, after having spent over 40 years as a Journeyman Electrician in Industrial settings, I hope I'm wrong....but 9 times out of 10, intermittent problems that "go away", usually come back if the real reason wasn't found for the problem. I hope it doesn't happen to you, but honestly, don't be surprised if it does. Sorry!
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, after having spent over 40 years as a Journeyman Electrician in Industrial settings, I hope I'm wrong....but 9 times out of 10, intermittent problems that "go away", usually come back if the real reason wasn't found for the problem. I hope it doesn't happen to you, but honestly, don't be surprised if it does. Sorry!
    I tend to agree. There must be a root cause. In this case, I'm inclined to believe it has something to do with the One Control relay that controls generator start. I'm willing to wager a beer that, when we removed all utility and battery power from the coach to hard reset the Go Power inverter/charger (it had to sit powerless for an hour), this relay got stuck in the position that wouldn't permit the generator to start.

Can I prove it? Nope. Not yet. If it happens again, I know the first phone call I'll be making.

I just thought it pretty ironic that the tech just climbs aboard, and all of a sudden it worked.