Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few things I learned about my Happijac

I'm planning on mostly using the top bed of my Happijac for storage, so I wanted to have the bed stop at a height that is much higher than it currently stops at.

I started removing the stops that are located in the rails to could move them up. The last screw I removed fell down in the track. The sofa was in the lowest position and I didn't want to try to raise them and risk getting the missing screw stuck between the chain and a gear. I was finally able to get the screw out with a magnetic pickup tool and some shaking of the sofa section.

Now that I had recovered all the screws, I positioned the metal stop block at the highest setting and started to screw them in. They would not thread into the rails. On closer inspection, I realized that only about 6 of the holes in the rail have threads, so the maximum adjustment I can make to the be height is about 12 inches. All the other holes are simply holes.

Here is what I learned.
    1. Put a towel in the rails before removing a screw so they will not fall into the track.
    2. Don't remove the screws in the first place because the bed is basically not adjustable.

Does anyone know of a way I can get the bed to stop about 2 feet from the ceiling?
    Last edited by GRIFFIN1; 03-15-2021 at 07:38 PM.