User Tag List

Thread: Bed Rug

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bed Rug

I get my 5th wheel hitch installed Friday and pick up my new trailer. My truck currently has a bed rug which I love because it keeps stuff from sliding around.
    It appears that i'm not going to be able to keep it. Are you guys doing anything for a bed liner. or are you just running bare-bed?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    I get my 5th wheel hitch installed Friday and pick up my new trailer. My truck currently has a bed rug which I love because it keeps stuff from sliding around.
    It appears that i'm not going to be able to keep it. Are you guys doing anything for a bed liner. or are you just running bare-bed?
    Spray in bed liner.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can keep the BedRug. Many trim out the hitch and then keep the piece to pop back in when the hitch is out.

Spray-ins are great too.

Can also run a Goosebox and only have a ball and safety chain cutouts.

Lots of ways to skin this one.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When I had the fifth, I had conventional rails in the bed. I just put the bed rug over everything, and then cut flaps in it over the places on the rails the hitch mounted to. When I took my hitch out, just folded the flaps back down, and secured to the bed with some industrial strength velcro. Sure, lumps in the rug from the rails, but nothing problematic.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    When I had the fifth, I had conventional rails in the bed. I just put the bed rug over everything, and then cut flaps in it over the places on the rails the hitch mounted to. When I took my hitch out, just folded the flaps back down, and secured to the bed with some industrial strength velcro. Sure, lumps in the rug from the rails, but nothing problematic.
    I had the bed rug in place before my rails were installed. Dealer installed the rails right over the bed rug. That was in 04. Still good today.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spray in liner for me. I read a lot on the subject before getting our hitch. I lot of hitch manufacturers seem to prefer a spray in liner. I have been getting spray in liners since my 1999 truck.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Bed Rug that covers only the floor of the bed installed over the Ford factory spray-in liner. I carefully cut holes to expose the pucks (slightly smaller actually) and installed the hitch. Initially, I would tighten the nuts on the cam locks periodically. At this point, the bed rug is completely compressed where the hitch rests on it. The system is rock solid. On the very rare occasions when I remove the hitch, I pop the plastic puck covers over the holes. I would not change anything about my setup.
    2019 F250 Platinum, 6.7, LB, FX4, High Capacity Tow Package
    B & W Companion
    2019 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cut a hole in my bed mat for a B&W hitch. B&W told me that to install over the mat would void the warranty. YMMV
    Ken & Margie
    2020 GD 337
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4X4
    B&W Companion