User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When does the new 2022 model come out?

Hi,

After doing 6 months research, we're planning to buy a Grand Design 2800BH travel trail(our first rig). As we're still on the waiting list of RV storage near our home which may take a few more months, I'm just wondering if we just wait a bit to buy 2022 2800BH model in early 2021 or should place a factory order now for 2021 2800BH model which could take up to 12 weeks to deliver to the dealer's lot.

Also do we expect to see significant difference(upgrades) between 2021 and 2022 2800BH model(e.g. electric stabilizer jacks)?

Thanks,
    Rts
    Last edited by rtslab; 08-09-2020 at 10:33 PM.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know of any differences at this point, but even if they do make changes, it would be a 2021 model, as most significant changes happen in Fall.

Model year change usually happens in April/May.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rtslab View Post
    Hi,

After doing 6 months research, we're planning to buy a Grand Design 2800BH travel trail(our first rig). As we're still on the waiting list of RV storage near our home which may take a few more months, I'm just wondering if we just wait a bit to buy 2022 2800BH model in early 2021 or should place a factory order now for 2021 2800BH model which could take up to 12 weeks to deliver to the dealer's lot.

Also do we expect to see significant difference(upgrades) between 2021 and 2022 2800BH model(e.g. electric stabilizer jacks)?

Thanks,
    Rts
    Would recommend that you order one that is scheduled to be 100% finished in the months of Oct or Nov, Dec at the latest, if you want your model to have the very latest changes for that model year.
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t forget the disclaimer on GD’s website... equipment can change at any time without notice, some times that can happen mid model year.

We delayed buying because of this or that for awhile. My best advice, buy sooner rather than later. Start enjoying life.

Also note the 2800BH is pretty tongue heavy, make sure you have enough payload. Typically they are close to 1000lbs on the tongue, if you plan on taking the family, dogs, bikes etc I suggest a 3/4 ton truck.

2018 F-250 6.7L Leveled, 35’s.
    2019 Imagine 2500RL, 640w Solar, Lion UT1300s, 3000w Inverter
    CRE3000, Sumosprings

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve,
    We currently have an Imagine 2950RL and are considering moving to a Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.
    Are you aware of any fall changes/updates/upgrades coming to the 337RLS?
    Trying to figure to buy now or wait till fall if there are significant updates/changes coming.
    Thanks

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Don't know of any differences at this point, but even if they do make changes, it would be a 2021 model, as most significant changes happen in Fall.

Model year change usually happens in April/May.
    One dealer told us he received a letter from the GD regional manager last week indicating model year change would occur in July this year. You can take that to the bank 'cause that's kinda like saying my friend's girlfriend's mother's next neighbor's daughter's cat said it was true. Yeah, yeah, I know, if it had been a dog, then definitely true.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The GD parts lookup is already listing the 2022 models so it must not be tool long.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rtslab View Post

I'm not an expert (@huntr70 Steve who has responded to you above is).

However it's my impression from reading here and elsewhere that models are evolutionary things at Grand Design. Chances are good that a January- or February- or March-built 2021 will be similar - maybe nearly identical - to an April-built 2022. It seems that GD is more likely to fit model changes into production based on supply and training and other factors than they are to do it based on just on meeting a model-year-changeover date.

Unlike car-makers that typically have a complete and fixed set of changes that all land on a vehicle on the date that the new model year begins, GD seems to evolve their models over months before and after the changeover date.

Steve will correct me if I'm wrong.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Steve will correct me if I'm wrong.
    You're good.

Grand Design tends to go with the flow and doesn't base major changes off of anything.

(Think of the newer Solitudes with the white exterior......2021 models about 2-3 months before going to 2022's)
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS