Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recessed Battery box and adding a 2nd Battery

The battery box in my 311BHS is recessed in the front storage compartment. I would like to remove the 12v Interstate battery that came with it with two 6V true Deep cycle batteries. For those that have done this, did you use the recessed area for one battery and put another battery near it or just cover it up and place two batteries in a new box somewhere within that compartment?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have a 311 and was thinking what I will do when I eventually swap to a lithium battery. I will most likely get a piece of sheet metal and cover up the hole where the battery box is now located (I'll use sheet metal screws or rivets). With lithium I wont need to worry about venting, so I'm not concerned about that part, not sure if the batteries you are using will require venting. I'm only going this route so I can move the battery all the way to the side and maximize available storage space in that compartment.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 4 Lifeline 6V AGM batteries that I had in a previous rig. Because of being up against weight issues, I only dare put two in the 311. I'll probably have to do what you plan on doing with the sheet metal and then get a double battery box. I can use the same vent hose with a new box but am hoping someone here would have other ideas.