User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frig won’t switch to LP

First camping trip, and noticed that the frig will work on AC, but as soon as i pull the AC the frig goes out / powers down completely, and won’t switch to LP. With AC already connected, i can switch to LP, no problem, and back to AC. Does the frig stay on, when only using battery, or do i have to plug the camper into AC before switching it to LP? My last camper automatically switch even on battery. I am a bit confused on this.

Thanks
    Sean D Arning
    GMC Sierra 2500 HD short box with oem puck system
    6.6 litre Gas V8
    Grand Design Reflection 260rd
    Demco 18k Hijacker Hitch with 25k rail kit system

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe if you put the model of the fridge in your post, someone can help out.

Are you sure it is in the auto mode?

My other thought is the if battery disconnect is in the disconnected position. Does all your other 12v stuff work when you turn off AC power?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LP can be very finicky. We always bleed the air from the lp lines on each stove burner prior to each trip. I then verify the refer switching to LP before we travel.

The battery disconnect switch will absolutely prevent a refer from working on LP in travel. Make sure it is in the "on" position.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a very similar situation with my Norcold. I started to debug it this afternoon and decided to inspect the 15A fuse.

I pulled the fuse, check it for connectivity, then plugged it back in. The fridge started immediately working on propane.

I have no idea why this worked. My only guess is that killing the power through the fuse did some type of reset to the fridge black box inside of the back panel.

You might try that. Personally, I hate "fixes" like that because I don't have any confidence that this problem won't come up again.
    signature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Norcold 121x series refrig. I will try all your advice a look see, and try each one. Thanks for everyone giving advice. Greatly appreciate it.