Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

376TH Grey Tanks? Which fixtures are connected to what?

Hi All,

Brand new RV'er thrust into the throws of full timing straight out of the gate in a 2019 376TH. My wife and I are 3 days in to full timing, and my questions abound. My current question is this: Since our tank sensors aren't working well (and haven't since near new according to previous owner), is my grey tank full? The indicator says 100% full, but I'm pretty sure its said that since we got it. The shower and bathroom sink are draining slowly (that is new as of today), and kitchen sink is draining as normal. HOWEVER, this unit has 2 grey tanks, with two separate grey dump valves. We have a washer and drier that we have not used yet, but we have been using the kitchen sink, though not to the extent of shower/bathroom sink.

So, which fixtures drain to which tank? Is it Shower & bathroom sink in 1 and then kitchen sink and washer in 2? Or is it shower/BR sink/Kitchen sink in 1 and washer alone in 2? Are the tanks connected? If so, shouldn't the bathroom fixtures drain easily, even when tank 1 fills and overflows into tank 2? Or maybe do they connect with a narrower pipe which allows the fixtures connected to tank 1 to fill, albeit slowly?

Basically, what drains to what, and are they connected?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_And_Desflurane View Post
    Hi All,

Brand new RV'er thrust into the throws of full timing straight out of the gate in a 2019 376TH. My wife and I are 3 days in to full timing, and my questions abound. My current question is this: Since our tank sensors aren't working well (and haven't since near new according to previous owner), is my grey tank full? The indicator says 100% full, but I'm pretty sure its said that since we got it. The shower and bathroom sink are draining slowly (that is new as of today), and kitchen sink is draining as normal. HOWEVER, this unit has 2 grey tanks, with two separate grey dump valves. We have a washer and drier that we have not used yet, but we have been using the kitchen sink, though not to the extent of shower/bathroom sink.

So, which fixtures drain to which tank? Is it Shower & bathroom sink in 1 and then kitchen sink and washer in 2? Or is it shower/BR sink/Kitchen sink in 1 and washer alone in 2? Are the tanks connected? If so, shouldn't the bathroom fixtures drain easily, even when tank 1 fills and overflows into tank 2? Or maybe do they connect with a narrower pipe which allows the fixtures connected to tank 1 to fill, albeit slowly?

I think the 376 is a front bedroom unit. If so, the washer, shower, and bathroom sink all go into the one up front, the second gray tank is for your galley (kitchen). If you and yours have showered all three days, you will want to dump it.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_And_Desflurane View Post
    Hi All,

We have a 2018 374TH-R Solitude. It is the beautiful sister of the 376 Momentum.
    The bathroom sink and shower go into one tank.
    The kitchen sink drains into the the other tank. I'm guessing the washer drains into that one too, but not sure (we didn't want a W/D).

Which handle does which one is a different question. It's a 50 / 50 chance which one does which one.

I drain the grey tanks every 3 or 4 days, but I put a Valterra Twist-on Valve on the outside dump end. With the valve closed, I can open the 2 grey valve. The grey water will equalize in the pipes behind the blocked exit where I put the twist on valve.

Here is a tip for cleaning the tanks. The Geo Method

Happy camping. We have 9 months till we go full time. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021