User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by supaphly42 View Post
    Great setup! Been debating between an Expedition EL vs an Excursion for our 261BH (pick up tomorrow). I know the Excursion is heavier duty, but a bit nervous about the age of them.
    Well cared for, I'd expect an Excursion to last decades.

The biggest concern I'd have with any Expedition is payload. What does it top out at, 1669? (whatever the sticker on your truck says is the final word of course). Doable, but tight. The 261BH has a GVWR of 7500, which means it could be putting a little over a thousand pounds on the tongue. That leaves you 600 pounds for *everything else* in the truck, including you.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    Well cared for, I'd expect an Excursion to last decades.

The biggest concern I'd have with any Expedition is payload. What does it top out at, 1669? (whatever the sticker on your truck says is the final word of course). Doable, but tight. The 261BH has a GVWR of 7500, which means it could be putting a little over a thousand pounds on the tongue. That leaves you 600 pounds for *everything else* in the truck, including you.
    @supaphly42 The Ford hitch on the Expedition, if you have the max package, can handle an absolute max of 930lbs on the tongue. 900 on an EL. With regular hitch it’s at 630/600. Great vehicles, but make you really miss the Excursion (and similar 2500/3500 suburbans).

Congrats to the OP on the new trailer, and LOVE the tow vehicle!
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Excursion is a workhorse. It's big and comfortable. If you maintain them they are as reliable as anything else out there. It's a Super Duty it's meant to have a long hard life. Left the day after the Florida trip for duty in Indiana and the trailer has been home for me. It's been great, heat is not as strong as I would like when it gets in the low 30's. Small electric heater has kept it on point though.

Excursion did great through the mountains no issues.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are things with your new Transend? We got ours first of March (245RL) and camped for a week. Loved everything about it. Quality is great despite what others have said. No issues with heat getting to bedroom either. Our only issue was the refrigerator. Quit working on our last night of camping. Took it to the dealership in Ocala and they have had it since. The fridge has a bad compressor and they are ordering us a new fridge. Have to go thru the warranty process so we are still waiting. We have a trip planned in May...hope we get it back b4 then.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far its been fantastic. Will finally be heading back to Georgia with it from Indiana on Monday. I am going to add a Winegard Wi-Fi extender to it as I have found the metal body seems to kill the signal a bit. It got into the 20's a few of the nights and the heater kept up but the temp reading on the thermostat is no where near accurate/consistent. I'm going to do some googling on that to see what options there are to tighten it up a bit to keep things heated/cooled properly. Also the fridge seems to stay on even when the power disconnect is switched and even when set to off the door light stays on as well

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234