User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 28Bh Pricing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

28Bh Pricing

Hello! My husband and I are loving the setup for our family of 5 but we are really unsure about what a fair price might be right now. The MSRP is just about $61. We understand that the demand is high right now due to COVID but we are struggling with what we should pay. Any thoughts?

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearsome5 View Post
    Hello! My husband and I are loving the setup for our family of 5 but we are really unsure about what a fair price might be right now. The MSRP is just about $61. We understand that the demand is high right now due to COVID but we are struggling with what we should pay. Any thoughts?
    The general rule is about 20-30% off MSRP is what you should be paying. With the popularity of RVs right now, it's probably going to be towards the less savings end. If I were you, I'd seriously consider a used 28bh. Note that at some point, Grand Design changed the bunk beds from two double bunks to the 3 single bunks. However the single bunks are not as long as the double bunks, if that's a concern. We have the double bunks in ours and our triplet 9 y.o. kids are find with it.

Don't be afraid to shop dealers out of state. Your local dealer will give you the line that they won't service you if you don't buy from them. That may be true. But GD has been good about authorizing mobile RV repair services to come out to you for repairs.

Also, and this is obviously anecdotal, the most recent units seem to be more troublesome as the industry struggles to meet demand. That's why a well sorted out used unit might be a better buy. You can have it inspected by an independent inspector so that you are more confident about the purchase.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The internet and e Mail are your friend

Email all the dealers nation wide and ask their best price
    There can easily be 10000 dollar difference in prices depending on location
    The great thing about trailers is, transporting them is what we do anyway so driving 2000 miles to save money while exploring the area and rv’ing is a plus
    My last two new trailers I have driven over 1000 miles to buy and saved over 5000 each time
    So email them all and get your best price
    I never worried about having a local dealer because I can fix most things myself and since we buy these to travel most breakdowns will be away from your local dealer anyway

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew 1840 payload
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Also, and this is obviously anecdotal, the most recent units seem to be more troublesome as the industry struggles to meet demand. That's why a well sorted out used unit might be a better buy. You can have it inspected by an independent inspector so that you are more confident about the purchase.
    I disagree with this
    Mine was short some motion lights but GD is rectifying that but with supply shortages my understanding is production has slowed considerably allowing workers more time to build the structures than in normal times where they are very rushed
    I bought a 2021 with this thought in mind
    Of course this as well is anecdotal

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO at this time it's the luck of the draw. The industry is struggling to find enough workers and build enough trailers to meet demand. As for the parts shortage, this is real. I read that GD is now delivering some units with only one air conditioning unit because of the shortage of units available.

Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I disagree with this
    Mine was short some motion lights but GD is rectifying that but with supply shortages my understanding is production has slowed considerably allowing workers more time to build the structures than in normal times where they are very rushed
    I bought a 2021 with this thought in mind
    Of course this as well is anecdotal

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Whether used or new this is good advice, especially if buying from a distance. Best to know or have things sorted before you arrive.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearsome5 View Post
    Hello! We have ended our search for 28BH. After looking at used and new options we were able to get the dealers to bid each other down. We just ordered 2021 28BH for $40,299 plus tax. Good luck on making the decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! What state did you buy it in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wisconsin which is where we live.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    The internet and e Mail are your friend

Email all the dealers nation wide and ask their best price
    There can easily be 10000 dollar difference in prices depending on location
    The great thing about trailers is, transporting them is what we do anyway so driving 2000 miles to save money while exploring the area and rv’ing is a plus
    My last two new trailers I have driven over 1000 miles to buy and saved over 5000 each time
    So email them all and get your best price
    I never worried about having a local dealer because I can fix most things myself and since we buy these to travel most breakdowns will be away from your local dealer anyway

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    I like this advice.

For some their dealers are the bees knees as are their service departments

For most the dealers service departments are not the strength of their business. You see that in many posts hereGrand Design must realize this and reacts by authorizing most work even warranty work to a certified repair person . I would much rather have someone local who takes care of our trailer interests than a business who really just wants to sell them.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast