Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blown 312 5A Fuse and Two Bad Heating Elements 2118 Norcold

Still trying to determine what would cause a blown 312 5A glass fuse in the control board and two bad heating elements in a 2118 Norcold. Any ideas.
    Replacement replacement heating elements are very hard to find. Suppliers indicate 4-7 weeks wait, if ordered.
    Also the Splendide Ariston Stackable Washer will not power up. Power is okay at outlet in closet. A high end external surge protector at the post is in use.
    Thank you.
    2021 Solitude 373FB
    Wife-Barb
    Standard Poodle-Kate
    No Truck
    C7 Corvette

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you do a search here, I seem to remember a bunch of defective boards that cased a rash of 5a blown fuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most common cause of the blown 5A glass fuse in the back control box is the fans on the rear of the refrigerator....there are two upper fans that blow across the heat exchanger towards the top of the fridge rear....and one smaller fan that is closer to the bottom of the rear of the fridge.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The heating element for the Norcold 2118 is available... PN 630811 is the part number out of the Norcold service manual

https://www.amazon.com/Norcold-63081.../dp/B008KWORZE

If the element shorts out it will of course blow at 5 amp glass fuse on the 120 side

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Viper,
    The 2118 parts manual I looked at indicates that the heating element is PN 637136. Is PN 630811 interchangeable? I have a 2021 Solitude 373F.
    What might the causes be of both the heating elements shorting out at the same time? Redapple suggests it might be a faulty control board. Xrated suggests the cooling fans/lack of cool air. The unit was not used this winter and the weather has not been extremely hot.
    The mobile RV tech has removed the bad 5A fuse and disconnected the heating element wires (2 sets of 2). He left the heating rods in the tube boiler and went on vacation for a week. I am one hour away from my unit, but have access to it in an RV park.
    Thanks for your help.
    2021 Solitude 373FB
    Wife-Barb
    Standard Poodle-Kate
    No Truck
    C7 Corvette

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, xrated.
    2021 Solitude 373FB
    Wife-Barb
    Standard Poodle-Kate
    No Truck
    C7 Corvette

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Redapple.
    2021 Solitude 373FB
    Wife-Barb
    Standard Poodle-Kate
    No Truck
    C7 Corvette

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoo View Post
    Viper,
    The 2118 parts manual I looked at indicates that the heating element is PN 637136. Is PN 630811 interchangeable? I have a 2021 Solitude 373F.
    What might the causes be of both the heating elements shorting out at the same time? Redapple suggests it might be a faulty control board. Xrated suggests the cooling fans/lack of cool air. The unit was not used this winter and the weather has not been extremely hot.
    The mobile RV tech has removed the bad 5A fuse and disconnected the heating element wires (2 sets of 2). He left the heating rods in the tube boiler and went on vacation for a week. I am one hour away from my unit, but have access to it in an RV park.
    Thanks for your help.
    Did the RV Tech ohm out each heating element with multi meter? The PN I listed is right off this Norcold service manual..

See image .. highlighted yellow items

Did the RV Tech measure the 120 volts coming off the control module where heaters are connected?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F3B04E99-AEDE-47DC-85DB-6E7A0CEF4F23.jpeg  

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does the kit include besides the heater?
    2021 Solitude 373FB
    Wife-Barb
    Standard Poodle-Kate
    No Truck
    C7 Corvette