User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Towing Issues/Vibrations

First off, really enjoy this site and all the information out there. Of course, searching finds no answer for this question.

I own a 2019 3350RL, GVWR: 16800. It has the standard rear receiver hitch found on all Solitudes (3000 WR, 300 TW). What I'm wondering, I want to start using a rear cargo carrier to carry a 100lb generator on on trips. (I think the latest freeze event in Texas aught a lot of us to always carry one, even if not planning on using).
    What I'm wondering though, is this extra 150 or so pounds on the back going to 1) effect the hitch weight on the truck 2) effect the ride/towing characteristics of the trailer 3) other things I haven't thought of.
    From what I've read , yes it will bounce some, but is that bounce excessive/noticable?

Thanks

Buddy

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyB1959 View Post
    First off, really enjoy this site and all the information out there. Of course, searching finds no answer for this question.

I own a 2019 3350RL, GVWR: 16800. It has the standard rear receiver hitch found on all Solitudes (3000 WR, 300 TW). What I'm wondering, I want to start using a rear cargo carrier to carry a 100lb generator on on trips. (I think the latest freeze event in Texas aught a lot of us to always carry one, even if not planning on using).
    What I'm wondering though, is this extra 150 or so pounds on the back going to 1) effect the hitch weight on the truck 2) effect the ride/towing characteristics of the trailer 3) other things I haven't thought of.
    From what I've read , yes it will bounce some, but is that bounce excessive/noticable?

Thanks

Buddy
    Welllll.... the excessive bounce has more to do with the road conditions than anything. I put a carrier on the back of my Reflection the first year. On the last camping trip of the year I put a tote full of wood on the carrier. My wife was following with the car, towing two ATV's. My buddy was following her towing his new to him TT. Ten miles from home my wife is way back flashing her lights, so I pulled over at the nest available spot. The bounce was so bad that the RATCHET STRAPPED ON LID to the tote came loose and about 1/2 of the wood was scattered about a 1/4 mile behind us. My buddy pulled in with what had stayed in the road so no one would hit it. I was going to mount my Generator on the carrier, this experience told me not to. I have since bought a
    Hitch Tightener https://smile.amazon.com/Tightener-L...NsaWNrPXRydWU=. Removes a lot of the bounce.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser