User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overhead Fixture Rope Lights

Does anyone have experience replacing the rope lighting in the fixture above the island? Ours fades in and out so I guess it will soon fail. It won’t be easy!
    2019 F350 DRW, Crew Cab, Long bed,
    B&W Companion Hitch w/puck system
    2020 Solitude 310-GK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same problem same question 2019 310gk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As you can see, no one has had a suggestion. Most of the rope light has now completely failed.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rvlife View Post
    Does anyone have experience replacing the rope lighting in the fixture above the island? Ours fades in and out so I guess it will soon fail. It won’t be easy!
    I have not done this, so some is just speculation. The outer shadow "box" on our ceiling light fixture (that the two pendent lights hang down from) is just (sort of) held on with 4 (or 6?) screws (two on each side at the ends of the long sides). You can reach over the top of the "box" to access them. One of the screws came loose on ours, so I know this part. The rest is speculation. This is probably a two (or three) person job. You may want to remove the pendent lights first. With someone supporting the "box", remove the four (or 6) screws and lower the box enough to undo (or cut) the light wiring. Then remove the box. I would guess that the "rope" lighting is either attached to the inside of the box or attached to the frame the box was hung off of. Either way should be easily accessible. I do not think the "box" will be very heavy, but it will be awkward and I do not know how much slack there is in the wires. In our trailer GD was very liberal with most of the wires, especially if it made assembly easier. If you have to cut the wires, I would use WAGO 221 connectors (used throughout the trailer) to reattach them, but any connection (butt splice, wire nuts, solder and tape, etc) would work just fine. This is all 12v wiring.

Let us know what you find.

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 09-18-2021 at 12:06 PM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023