User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where did you put your lithium batteries?

I'd like to install lithium batteries somewhere inside our trailer but I don't have a lot of options. I'm considering under the bed or possibly in the cabinet behind the TV, but I'm not sure what if anything is back there. If nothing is back there I'm sue that I'd have to build something to support them. I am also considering leaving them up front in some sort of secure, heat-able box.

I'm wondering where others put their lithium batteries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    I'd like to install lithium batteries somewhere inside our trailer but I don't have a lot of options. I'm considering under the bed or possibly in the cabinet behind the TV, but I'm not sure what if anything is back there. If nothing is back there I'm sue that I'd have to build something to support them. I am also considering leaving them up front in some sort of secure, heat-able box.

I'm wondering where others put their lithium batteries.
    we have a Reflection 320 MKS and put the batteries, inverter and solar controller all in the front storage compartment. It is not heated but with a temperature sensing with the batteries it did stay pretty well. We are in Wisconsin and only has a few days the lithium batteries were too cold to keep a charger on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kevin & Deb. 2021 Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 Ford F-350 Diesel SRW Platinum
    Kevin and Deb. 50ST8R
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 Ford F-350 SRW 4x4 Diesel Platinum Edition

[/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put them in the pass through with the Victron 3000 multi plex inverter charger and the Victron solar mppt controller
    Never have to worry about being a target or heat/ cold.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2019 Imagine 2800BH and am in the process of putting them under the bed. Not necessarily because it's warmer there but because the pass through storage is more valuable to me than the under-bed storage.

I plan on getting 2 to 4 more batteries in the coming months and will mount them to the floor and build a box around them. I'm hoping to be able to store shoes or something on top of the box when I'm finished.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210327_154406 (Small).jpg   20210408_185415 (Small).jpg  

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess if all you want to do is just add batteries the under the bed could work .

If your plan is to eventually add an inverter there may not be enough room or ventilation there , plus you want an inverter charger close to the batteries to minimize cable size and run length.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually I'm planning to ultimately add solar panels and a 1000 Watt Pure sine inverter, but that will be in phase two and three. Right now I'd like to upgrade my converter and batteries.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmeer View Post
    I have a 2019 Imagine 2800BH and am in the process of putting them under the bed. Not necessarily because it's warmer there but because the pass through storage is more valuable to me than the under-bed storage.

I plan on getting 2 to 4 more batteries in the coming months and will mount them to the floor and build a box around them. I'm hoping to be able to store shoes or something on top of the box when I'm finished.
    Nice set up with the Victron. Looks like it’s in the basement. How did you lead the #4 cable to it
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    Nice set up with the Victron. Looks like it’s in the basement. How did you lead the #4 cable to it
    The photo kinda got over compressed but you should be able to see the 4/0 cable going through the wall in both pictures. The hole in one picture leads to the hole in the other.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
    Attachment 33339
    Last edited by jdmeer; 04-10-2021 at 05:03 PM.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 310-GK and I installed our batteries under the stairs behind the false wall of the hold. I was also able to install all the components for the Solar charging on a plywood backer board above the batteries (back wall of the two top steps).

I installed the Victron Inverter on a plywood backer board in the front hold.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on your model. On my 2500RL I found a bunch of unused space behind the converter/fusebox. Passthrough would probably be my next choice because the electrical cutoff switch is there, so there's wiring there. Under the bed works if you can get wiring there--would probably involve dropping the coroplast on mine and that's too much for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast