Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carefree Awning.. Awning wont retract

This morning rolled out the rear awning on our 2019 2930 with no problem but the front awning only move a few inches on the aft side before I stopped the extension. I stopped because that the forward side of the awning had not moved at all. The forward awning arm were completely flush so I pulled on the lower edge and then the arms extended and the whole awning rolled out on its own. The motor hums but will not turn the extend/retract the awning. I'm guessing the the gearing came apart, a shaft has sheared...something that has separated the motor from the awning. Can't figure out what to do next. The front cover was easy to get off but don't see how to get the upper/back cover off so I can try t get the motor housing apart to look at the gears. Any suggestions?? and failing that, any easy way to manually retract the awning. We're in the middle of the southern Arizona desert and not to many places or helpful people around.
    Greg and Jenny Breit
    2020 Silverado Duramax 3500HD SRW, OEM Puck, B&W Companion Slider 20K hitch
    2019 Solitude 2930RL, Onan 5500W LP, MORryde IS, Kodak Disc brakes

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might try the web site for CareFree. Many of them have exploded diagrams for parts. May help to see how it comes apart.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE