Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mostad View Post
    Well after a lot of figuring and a Ford dealer that understood my issue I ended up trading in the SW for a new F350 DW Limited. It was very hard finding a truck that met my needs, a limited wasn’t what I needed but checked off all the boxes and then some. The dealer gave me a great trade in, it cost me around $4600 to to drive my last truck 10k miles in 13 months. They also sold me the truck way below MSRP.

Now I have a truck with a true 5350 pound payload and no more worries on what my SW will have been reduced to.
    Nice ride!

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mostad View Post
    I weighed my truck with full tank of fuel (48 gal) my hitch, an aluminum tool box with a some things inside, a back flip cover, me and my dog and it came in at 9020 only 200 pounds less then my 2019 dually with all the same stuff in it. The thing that got me was when I saw the payload of an F450 a little more than 4700 pounds, same trim level as my truck. Yes I know the F450 weighs a little more, but how can my truck be that close in payload.

Also I figure if I load my rear axle to max I have about 160 pounds left of maxing out the rear tires.

I’m pretty frustrated needless to say.
    @mostad you didn't say what tire size you have but mine are 18", I too am close on my rear tire limits and in doing a search found the Michelin Defender LTX M/S in 295/70/18 has a payload of 4,080 lbs (up from my current Michelin of 3,640 lbs). Safe Travels!!
    Last edited by zinman; 03-22-2021 at 11:25 PM. Reason: bad spelling
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zinman View Post
    @mostad you didn't say what tire size you have but mine are 18", I too am close on my rear tire limits and in doing a search found the Michelin Defender LTX M/S in 295/70/18 has a payload of 4,080 lbs (up from my current Michelin of 3,640 lbs). Safe Travels!!
    Sorry for the delay, my truck had 20” tires.

Well after finding my true weight my payload would have dropped to 3880 pounds. My delivered weight would have been right around 8520 pounds with full tank of fuel me and my dog inside. GVW was at 12,400 which leaves 3880 in payload. This is a lot less than the 4561 on the sticker.

But I’m happy with my new dually even though it cost me a pretty penny to switch trucks.
    2021 F350 CC LB
    DW, diesel, 4x4
    2020 Momentum 320G

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12