Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reaching a Grand Design Corporate Representative

Good evening all -

By any chance, does anyone have contact with a GD rep? Not having an issue, because we don't own an RV yet, but I definitely want to make a design change recommendation: in the 380FL, they need to make a counter all the way to the left of the stove to add prep space, and have upper and lower cabinet spaces instead of one pantry door/space. I would happily give up storage for counter.

I'm checking facebook as well for a POC.

v/r

TexSol20

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to the Grand Design web page and start with the “contact us” icon. The response my be a little slow but during these times everything is.
    2017 F-250 6.7 2019 273 MK
    Retired Tanker Yanker
    My your pleasures be many and your troubles be few!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they who don't use the trailer design the trailers. No space for even a spoon..they must not cook either lol

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...gn-and-Vendors

I think they designed it that way with the thought that the kitchen island is the prep area. This is the reason we would not want a kitchen design like that and it would stop me from chosing a floorplan that has that kitchen. To redesign that I could see the 2nd bath either going away or getting even smaller. Many people full time and loosing storage would not be their choice...guess this falls into the can't please everyone category.
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 03-18-2021 at 07:11 AM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call 574-825-8000 and ask to speak with Nate Goldenburg. He is the Solitude General MGR. Tell them you have a design idea.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For every design suggestion there may be others who don’t quite see it the way you do. I would want this modification personally.

It’s good to make your point known to corporate as they can put it in with other suggestions to come up with hopefully the most wanted features and designs.

Having had a previous job designing commercial restaurants for a living I often look at areas differently than others in terms of safety, efficiency, etc. Creating prep areas with no surrounding room increases injuries as well. For example To me the island is a perfect place to do prep. A shoehorned in counter confined by barriers ( walls) is not.

I often look at the stoves which are bordered by a wall virtually in a cubbie as disasterous.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I think they who don't use the trailer design the trailers. No space for even a spoon..they must not cook either lol

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...gn-and-Vendors

I think they designed it that way with the thought that the kitchen island is the prep area. This is the reason we would not want a kitchen design like that and it would stop me from choosing a floorplan that has that kitchen. To redesign that I could see the 2nd bath either going away or getting even smaller. Many people full time and loosing storage would not be their choice...guess this falls into the can't please everyone category.
    So true "you can't please everyone". If we could combine features from three different RVs, we would have the perfect one. The kitchen design has us looking at other brands now, which is hard because the 380FL is our favorite.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    For every design suggestion there may be others who don’t quite see it the way you do. I would want this modification personally.

It’s good to make your point known to corporate as they can put it in with other suggestions to come up with hopefully the most wanted features and designs.

Having had a previous job designing commercial restaurants for a living I often look at areas differently than others in terms of safety, efficiency, etc. Creating prep areas with no surrounding room increases injuries as well. For example To me the island is a perfect place to do prep. A shoehorned in counter confined by barriers ( walls) is not.

I often look at the stoves which are bordered by a wall virtually in a cubbie as disasterous.
    Agreed on the stoves bordered by walls. Even if not used for prep, which it would be for us, the space to the left and the right can be used to aim pot handles. Right now, there is no place to have handles to where they are almost be over the burners.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    Call 574-825-8000 and ask to speak with Nate Goldenburg. He is the Solitude General MGR. Tell them you have a design idea.

Red
    Many thanks - will do!

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post

Red
    Nate Goldenberg quit this week. Along with Micah Staley. Rob Groover is now in charge or Solitude and Momentum.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Nate Goldenberg quit this week. Along with Micah Staley. Rob Groover is now in charge or Solitude and Momentum.
    Ouch.

Your idea could also be your mod! None are ever perfect unless you commission a custom build. You can purchase matching materials from GD. Myself, I've redesigned the sofa end tables; the bedroom "nightstands;" built a cabinet for the bedroom TV to hold tuner, Blu-ray, DVDs; added drawer storage instead of the tilt up bed; and I'm still going! Lol
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast