Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beat this!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beat this!

New to the GD brand after owning a Outdoors Rv travel trailer. We bought our 2021 Imagine 2800bh in Feb, 2021 and I’m a bit shocked by all the issues we found during our inspection prior to towing her home. However, the biggest surprise awaited me when I got a receiver installed on the rear. I noticed the arctic blanket bulging downwards in the rear and decided to investigate....
    What fell out (almost on my face) shocked me!
    So...beat this! Post a photo and your experience with your rig regarding issues and or unexpected surprises post purchase.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	991BA496-DAD7-4541-A969-22E253E1C2E3.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	32787

I’ve got multiple theories on how this made it up there and how it was missed...however there is no excuse for this. So far I didn’t notice any damage from it banging around for a couple of thousand miles

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a side note; I’m not sure why the photo keeps on uploading upside down. Can someone clue me in on what I’m doing wrong? The photo is correctly oriented on my phone and it uploads inverted on here

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow, that is a bit disheartening....I would inform GD and ask them how this was a missed on their "industry exclusive" pre-delivery QC checks...
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes very disheartening considering that the marketing of their pdi is one of the reasons we went with GD. I had a 18 item list when I did my walk through on it and found even more items after taking it home. There is no excuse for the obvious items we found like floor thresholds not being screwed in and sticking up, all but one of the position light covers having cracks, finish nails sticking through the forward door frame and much more. Most of the items are little things but there are some more serious items as mentioned.The tech that worked on some of the items at the dealer on the delivery day (we didn’t sign till they addressed all the issues in my list including order parts for warranty replacements), jokingly said it must of been built on a Friday. I hope that our ownership doesn’t mirror what issues we found so far. I’m not turned off to this trailer and or the brand “yet”...I just hope we do not constantly have issues and end up regretting buying a GD product. Positive thing is that I have a back up stabilizer jack now haha

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I’ve emailed them this photo as well as a photo of my laundry list of issues that should be been caught during their pdi. So far the lady in customer service has been pleasant to deal with and I guess through all of this, we will be experiencing Gd customer service because no one should buy a travel trailer/rv only to have to schedule warranty work such as replacing complete door assemblies and frames etc.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JetTech View Post
    And I’ve emailed them this photo as well as a photo of my laundry list of issues that should be been caught during their pdi. So far the lady in customer service has been pleasant to deal with and I guess through all of this, we will be experiencing Gd customer service because no one should buy a travel trailer/rv only to have to schedule warranty work such as replacing complete door assemblies and frames etc.
    Welcome to the forum and the club. I empathize with your dilemma, what you are experiencing I went through two tears ago (and still finding issues). Expect to be bombarded with..."yea but...all manufacturers have problems", "You need to be prepared to do the work yourself", "I have a perfect camper and no problems to share", "GD customer service is the best" among others. None of these will help you as you are left getting things straightened out and coping with the dealers scheduling, hold times, transport and delays.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 03-18-2021 at 05:21 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    Welcome to the forum and the club. I empathize with your dilemma, what you are experiencing I went through two tears ago (and still finding issues). Expect to be bombarded with..."yea but...all manufacturers have problems", "You need to be prepared to do the work yourself", "I have a perfect camper and no problems to share", "GD customer service is the best" among others. None of these will help you as you are left getting things straightened out and coping with the dealers scheduling, hold times, transport and delays.
    I think your comments are right on the money unfortunately and these comments will be some that will be shared. The unfortunate thing is many of them are true even though they should not be. Seems especially true these days with so many RVs literally flying off of dealer lots. Makes me wonder if it is wise to trade up now and roll the dice again. I would be majorly upset if I traded what has been a good RV so far with some minor issues and ended up spending more money for a disaster.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a side note; I’m not sure why the photo keeps on uploading upside down. Can someone clue me in on what I’m doing wrong? The photo is correctly oriented on my phone and it uploads inverted on here
    Sometimes it has to do with the orientation of how you took the picture. If the phone was upside down then the picture will be.

When this happen more often than not a small edit will keep it upright.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	991BA496-DAD7-4541-A969-22E253E1C2E3.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	32790
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Positive thing is that I have a back up stabilizer jack now haha
    Lucky you, yes ! Most of us only get extra screws, staples, and sawdust !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast