Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is this red wire?

Digging around in the basement of my Mo 353G I found this red wire coiled up with a zip tie. Looks to be about 12/14g wire. Anyone know what it is?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 84089AC3-799E-4248-AC42-0B26872E9E71.jpeg  
    2021 F350 6.7
    2021 Momentum 353G

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it the pull wire for the solar prep?
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2018 RAM Laramie 3500 DRW
    Retired Navy

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItchinToGo! View Post
    Is it the pull wire for the solar prep?
    I’ll have to get up on the roof and check it out. There are 2 plates on the roof one that is black says jabroni or something like that then there is just a silver one next to the front AC. I bet this wire goes up to that silver box it looks like it’s right above it.
    2021 F350 6.7
    2021 Momentum 353G

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The MC4 solar box on the roof has 2 10awg wires (black and red) coming from it and terminating through a 30 amp fuse near the battery.

That wire should go to the satellite roof access. It is meant to be used to make pull coax or other wiring through from the roof to the basement.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have to agree with opnerangerowners. If it is a Solar prep, one would be red and one would be black. And, they would normally be labeled "solar."

See the red and black wires with the little white caps, to the wall between the batteries? That's the solar wires from the roof.
    (This is a pic of the stock wiring on my 399TH RV... all in process of being ripped out and properly replaced with "mostly" USA Made materials and... 100% USA Made real, genuine Copper wire.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RV Bat 2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	32834