User Tag List

Thread: Have to vent

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have to vent

We bought our first RV in 2016. That GD 2800BH Imagine was fantastic. We quickly fell in love with the layout, quality of parts, and craftsmanship. It survived being rear-ended (total replacement of the back cap and shower) and hopping off the hitch going over a speed bump. We went full-time in the summer of 2020 for work and picked up our 2021 Solitude 3740BH S-Class in November. We kinda feel like the craftsmanship is lacking. Since picking up our new rig, we have had to re caulk the shower, level out shelves, blinds, and molding. Just minor issues that are piling up. The most recent is all four of our dump valves are broke (the stems are broke from the paddle) and we have a leak in the underbelly. We are currently working with the dealer we picked our rig up from to get warranty work done. But, that is taking longer than expected.

Understand picking up new rigs, you can go through this type of stuff. Just needed to vent. Would love to read some stories of the stuff you guys had to fix on your new rigs.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SNs2011 View Post
    We bought our first RV in 2016. That GD 2800BH Imagine was fantastic. We quickly fell in love with the layout, quality of parts, and craftsmanship. It survived being rear-ended (total replacement of the back cap and shower) and hopping off the hitch going over a speed bump. We went full-time in the summer of 2020 for work and picked up our 2021 Solitude 3740BH S-Class in November. We kinda feel like the craftsmanship is lacking. Since picking up our new rig, we have had to re caulk the shower, level out shelves, blinds, and molding. Just minor issues that are piling up. The most recent is all four of our dump valves are broke (the stems are broke from the paddle) and we have a leak in the underbelly. We are currently working with the dealer we picked our rig up from to get warranty work done. But, that is taking longer than expected.

Understand picking up new rigs, you can go through this type of stuff. Just needed to vent. Would love to read some stories of the stuff you guys had to fix on your new rigs.
    Okay, I'll play... My big one was self induced. 20 minutes after leaving the dealer, I dropped the left tires off the pavement and broke the galley sewer dump.

For craftsmanship things, we recaulked the shower; stapled a piece of trim back on the wall, behind the dryer; replaced most of the drawer pull latches; called GD to get the motion sensor lights sent it to me so I could replace the ones that should have had motion sensor lights in the first place.

Other than that, just customizing it the way we want it. Replaced the drum brakes with electric over hydraulic disc. A pull out, two tier shelf under the galley sink. The button guards for the theater seating. A 2 stage water filtration system that feeds into the Nautilus panel. A Champion 3400 Watt Dual Fuel Inverter Generator.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are relatively minor and plague the industry. Remember, GD is a division of Winnebago for a few years now, and all the volume "manufacturers" are truly better described as "assemblers of parts sourced from others." Love our floorplan, but could have done without the costs, both financially and in personal time, dealing with suspension problems, jack system problems, delaminated roof, slide leak, mismatched plumbing, on top of the small things. Hoping for a much better run this season!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The customization is the fun part. Doing the research to add a dishwasher under our sink. Along with a couple of other things. Already cut one bunk out, added a desk and made extra storage. Been looking at the water friction system. Where did you mount yours?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we took ours back to the dealer for them to state "Yes, you do have a leak and broken waste valves", the tech was telling me a lot of the new trailers coming across are having issues. He blamed the industry trying to catch up to demand from COVID. Which the COVID excuse is getting old.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SNs2011 View Post
    The customization is the fun part. Doing the research to add a dishwasher under our sink. Along with a couple of other things. Already cut one bunk out, added a desk and made extra storage. Been looking at the water friction system. Where did you mount yours?
    By friction, I'm assuming you are talking about filtration...

It's a whole coach filtration system. I have both the stage 1 sediment filter and the stage 2 carbon filter in the basement, next to the Nautilus panel. That way everything runs through the filters and I can disconnect the filters when I winterize.

I initially thought of plumbing it in being the fresh water inlet, until I thought it winterizing the camper, then it got moved to the outside. I need to take pictures and post them. But, it's in the basement, immediately to the left of the Nautilus panel hanging on a 3/8" thick plywood that I framed in.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no major issues with our 2021 Solitude 310GK-R.
    Maxx air vent made noise (I fixed it by loosening over-tightened screws) and the heater on fireplace doesn't work (Worked during walk thru, plan to replace under warrranty when we get back home)
    One blind was too short (Had a new blind shipped to us, and I installed)

3 months of full timing in winter, from 17 deg to 85 deg.....and life is good with the new rig!
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With all these small issues, the worse we think is the dump valves. Nothing worse than pulling the valves and nothing flows out. The gray dump is bad, but the black tank was horrible. When its all said and done, I should start doing RV tech work.