User Tag List

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Through frame slide motor "FreeWheeling"?

Been searching a couple of days and haven't found any posts about exactly what I have going on. Saturday when we went to break camp and head home our recliner/dinette slide malfunctioned. It made a clicking sound, softer than the clutch slip sound when the wife hit the button. I heard it because I watch outside while she watches inside. She stopped immediately. I got underneath and she hit it again. This time I heard something small fall and hit the coroplast. Sounded like a roll pin or bolt then the motor sounded like it was spinning freely. I was able to easily hand crank the slide in so nothing was bound up. Tried it again at home and just a high rpm freewheel sound. I contacted GD and got a case #. I'm going to go in and check it out Monday. I would today but supposed to have some rough weather this afternoon. Dealer is 100 miles away and with only a couple months left in warranty I would rather do it here and get back out a few times. I know where the motor is because the zipper patch from the dealer or factory was coming off so I made my own. I looked around when I was doing that and everything was good then. Slide has never been bound up or pushed out against a tree or anything.

So have any of you had what sounds to be a freewheeling through frame slide motor and if so what fixed it? Thanks in advance.
    2019 F250 FX4 gas with puck system
    2020 Reflection 29RS
    A German Shepherd and a Wife!
    Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shear pin let loose? Some slide motors have pins held in with clips also.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So here's the issue. Looks like what I heard falling on the coroplast was one of the screws holding the motor to the gearbox. Pictures not the best but you can see it. Bout to call gd just to make sure they are ok with me taking the motor off. I definitely want to see what kind of shape the gears are in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KIMG1003.jpg   KIMG0999.jpg  
    2020 Reflection 29RS
    Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As you can see the head of the screw broke off. Weird. Only thing I can think of is it was a bad screw. Back to calling GD.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20210322_152124.jpg  
    2020 Reflection 29RS
    Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think I might need a new motor assembly. Looks like it ate the nylon gear when it detached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20210322_154504.jpg  
    2020 Reflection 29RS
    Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwood BBQ View Post
    Think I might need a new motor assembly. Looks like it ate the nylon gear when it detached.
    Yup. Looks like a bigger problem than just the screw popping off. Good luck with GD or lippert for a replacement. Hope it all goes well for you.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got everything back in working order. GD finally shipped me the new actuator assembly Tuesday. As this whole experience went, the threads on the end of the actuator were dinged up in a couple of spots pretty good. A half hour of file work, and the part is usable again. Little disappointed with GD. It was hard to get good communication with them. I know they are busy but it took 3 weeks and asking them to contact me through their Facebook page to get confirmation they received the pictures of the motor when I got it out. Glad it all finally worked out since the warranty expired. I'm going to leave the case open a bit just in case something happens again.
    Last edited by Bwood BBQ; 05-13-2021 at 05:00 PM.
    2020 Reflection 29RS
    Pullrite Superglide