User Tag List

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie Here & Very Excited

Thank you for welcoming me to join the fun with this group! My husband and I camped for years as our kids grew up (we have 17 yr old twins and 16 yr old). For the first year we tent camped, and then got a 2006 Outback Sydney Edition TT quad bunkhouse and we enjoyed that while our kids were in Elementary School and starting Middle School. At that point our kids seemed a little less interested in camping so we sold the Outback. After a few years, we realized how much we missed camping. My husband said no way would he tow again (our tow vehicle for the Outback was just "barely" safe and the towing part was always stressful). He had a very specific picture/idea of what he wanted, so in April '20, we got a Fleetwood Jamboree Class C. It was nice, king bed, full body paint but here's the shocker, the kids always wanted to come and bring friends. Sleeping arrangements sucked. We always had to bring a tent and portable a/c so the ones in the tent were too ticked they weren't in the Camper. After much discussion (aka fighting we realized that no matter how much my husband didn't feel like towing again, motorhomes didn't offer us the floorplan options we needed for kids and friends and our new pet required a lot of room (see pic later).

We decided (aka I won the fight on a 5th wheel. Never had a 5th wheel but I’ve ALWAYS wanted one. Did A LOT of research and RV Consumer Group's buying guides and decided we wanted a GRAND Design!
    We got the truck on Feb. 22 and on Feb 27th we picked up our 2021 Solitude S-Class 3740BH.

We aren’t new to camping or towing but are new to 5th Wheel towing. The Dealer was awesome (shout out to Beckley's RV in Maryland), very thorough delivery process. Everyone told us that 5th wheel towing is easier than a travel trailer but it's been years and the Solitude is a big one at a hair over 40’ so we were nervous. Well we made the 1hr15min trip home without incident. We got it parked in our spot at our friends place we're storing it and we brought our 30amp generator got the heat fired up and had a blast starting to get it all packed and set up. We even grabbed pizza down the street and had our first family dinner in the camper. Really reminded me why I like camping so much. When we were leaving I realized what a beautiful full moon it was... couldn’t resist the pic 😀.
    We leave tomorrow for our first trip. 3 nights "pre-season" to get the kinks worked out.
    I don't know if it will be in the right format but I'll include stats below And pics... the Truck is actually my daily driver! I'm really loving it.

Rachel

2021 Solitude S-Class 3740 BH w/ residential fridge, King Bed and Super Sofa option
    2021 Ford F-350 Lariat Premium Package, Diesel V8 Power Stroke, DRW (and OMG am I glad we got the DRW!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Truck.jpg   PicoRV.jpg   Super Sofa.jpg   FullMoonSolitude.jpg   Allhooked up.jpg