User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Gene, it sounds like there is a short downstream from the disconnect. If you look at Genes diagram, you'll see there is a circuit breaker on that line. An auto resetting circuit breaker will click when it trips, then click when it resets. What it sounds like is the C/B is resetting then immediately tripping. It would seem to me the short is between the disconnect and (or right at) the distribution panel. I say this because if the short was past the panel, that circuits fuse would blow. Since none of the fuses are blown, the problem would seem to be before them. If you can, disconnect the 12v power wire at the panel, then turn on the disconnect. If it trips, your panel is good and you'll have to trace the 12v wire to see where it contacts ground. If it doesn't trip, then there is a problem with the panel. I'm trying to isolate where the short is. That's a start anyway...

John
    Last edited by LV Naturist; 03-18-2021 at 11:34 PM.
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cstratton73 View Post
    That is correct... My landing gear works fine but I have no power whatsoever to the trailer even with the battery disconnect turned on! Constant clicking noise about every 4-5 seconds once I turn the disconnect switch on...then goes away when I turn it off! No power to the trailer with the disconnect switch on! Replaced the disconnect switch with a new one and it did not fix the problem! Clicking noise appears to be coming from the distribution panel mounted on the wall above the battery! Pissing me off!!
    There is a positive bus bar at the front of your rig...follow the heavy GA wire (+) from you battery to find it. It's likely fused in between the battery and battery shutoff. Look for that and come back if you're still stuck.
    GoodOz

2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2018 F250 6.7 w/2219 available payload

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you raised and lowered the landing gear was the trailer still plugged into the truck ?
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, it shoulds like you are hooked up to shore power. First I would turn off all the breakers and see what happens.

Next, if it still does not power any 12V circuits I would take a picture of the 12V fuses and UNPLUG FROM SHORE POWER and pull all of 12V fuses and plug back to shore power and see if the clicking goes away or better yet measure for 12V with a multimeter.

If you still have the issue you most likely either have a short in the 12V wire or there is a automatic reset breaker in the 12V wire that is bad.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What you don't want to do is make assumptions like I did . Forget the clicking noise just figure out why you don't get 12V from the good (tested) battery to the distribution panel.

Another thought. I think your 12V circuits will work with the battery disconnect switch in the off position (hanging) when connected to shore power. The power converter will supply the 12V. So when connected to shore power do your 120V circuits work? Microwave or ....

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could be wrong but it sounds like a dead battery. These trailers have parasitic draws that can kill a battery rather quickly even if the battery switch is turned off. If you still have the trailer plugged into the truck that could operate the landing gear.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No they don't work when connected to shore power and the battery disconnect is turned off!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't find it! The red wire going to the battery from the disconnect goes down through the floor and up on the other side! Are you saying I have to pull the entire panel off down under the floor that looks to be a panel to prevent freezing which has about a hundred or more screw in it?? Or is the red wire reached that goes from the battery to the disconnect switch by taking off the panel between the garage and the front storage area where the battery is kept?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No the trailer is disconnected from the truck and the landing gear as full power! Just not the rest of the trailer. Doesn't work with 12v DC or 110v shore power!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No...just tried raising the front landing gear with battery only...not plugged into truck

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast