User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if I try pulling out all of the fuses, turn the battery disconnect switch on, and then one by one...start installing the fuses until I hear the clicking noise that I believe is coming from the auto reset circuit breakers up front next to the battery?? Do you think that could be a possible way to troubleshoot where the short in the line is? I need to narrow it down to find the short that I believe the trailer has! The battery is good and the disconnect switch is new along the the shortstop auto-reset circuit breakers! What do you think about trying that way?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No it wasn't!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cstratton73 View Post
    No it wasn't!
    @cstratton73 Please use the "Reply with Quote" button (right next to the "reply" button) when replying (answering) to other posts. That will make it much easier to match your reply to the questions and better follow the discussion and be able to help you.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    @cstratton73 Please use the "Reply with Quote" button (right next to the "reply" button) when replying (answering) to other posts. That will make it much easier to match your reply to the questions and better follow the discussion and be able to help you.

Chris
    Thanks Chris... I was wondering how you do that!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Chris... I was wondering how you do that!
    No problem and good luck. Hope you get it figured out.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything new? Did you have your battery disconnected at the terminals during storage. Starting from the beginning. Are you sure you have good shore power, and have you used it before? If your shore power is good it should provided 120VAC to your power converter which in turn will provide 120VAC out through the breakers and 12VDC out through the fuses. The power converter will also provide 12VDC (along with the battery, really like 13.4 VDC to charge your battery).

There have been cases with trailers connected to the wrong shore power where the electrician wires up a 240V dryer plug for the home connection instead of a 120V trailer plug. This would blow the fuses in your power converter and render it inoperable. If the battery connections are good and the the shore power is good you need to measure voltages at the power converter.

A mobile tech might be an option vs the dealer.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you install anything while in storage? Screws through walls or floor.

Generally it is something I did that will break something. If trailer is just sitting there it won't break, but shorts can be caused while towing and having the trailer bounce around.

So, basic troubleshooting I would eliminate the easy stuff first. 12 Volt battery, if you had terminals disconnected make sure you connected the negative on battery to the cable that is bolted to the trailer frame. Shore power, better be 120V and not 240V like a dryer plug.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the OP get this figured
    out? sounds like something that could happen to anyone, maybe me!
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Left The Driveway KennethWood55's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I picked up my trailer out of storage today, drove home and opened the garage down below and turned the battery disconnect switch on to supply power to my trailer, and I got no power to the trailer and heard a clicking noise coming from the area around the battery disconnect switch and it also sounded like it was coming from behind the wall that separates the front storage from the garage area! Since my landing gear worked, but had no power to the rig, I checked all the circuit breakers...none were tripped! Once I turn the battery disconnect switch off, the clicking noise goes away! I went to camping world and bought a new battery disconnect switch, installed it and same problem!! So its not the disconnect switch! I am hooked up to 30amp power and still no power in the trailer...no lights, etc. etc!! What can I check to find the problem...are there relays or hidden circuit breakers behind walls? I have a 2015 303RLS. Need help...thanks!
    Check your GFI to see if it’s tripped. Reset the GFI if it’s tripped. A tripped GFI will cause you to have no power!
    Good luck...
    Ken & Lisa Wood
    2019 RAM 3500 HD 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    2018 Solitude 373FB

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there is a wire jumping there is almost definitely a short somewhere. The high current that is causing a relay to "cycle" would literally cause wires to jump.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast