Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shower pan.

Floor of shower has a lot of flex when standing in it. Anyone have a fix for this?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, did the search function and found a few answers. Access under shower not very big on our 21G for a big guy. Just wanted to see any other ideas.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyp228 View Post
    Floor of shower has a lot of flex when standing in it. Anyone have a fix for this?
    I am going to glue some vertical wooden supports around and underneath my drain. I don't like the drain pipe flexing constantly.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    I am going to glue some vertical wooden supports around and underneath my drain. I don't like the drain pipe flexing constantly.
    This is what I did. I added 8 or so vertical supports all across the shower floor.
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pretty much to fix - working through the small access panel. Just don't make the mistake of sealing up all the edges of the shower enclosure where it meets the pan. The pan actually extends well up the wall inside. The loose edges are there to let any accumulated moisture between the panels evaporate out.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WE had the same problem. So much so that me just stepping on the "soft" spot cracked the pan. GD said it wasn't a warranty prolem, so we sealed it with the roof repair stuff (have to ask my husband what it's called) and my husband used spray foam underneath that area (accessed through the basement) to make the area more solid.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most common and accepted way to install the floor pan, even residential types, is to use expanding foam like Great Stuff underneath to set and support it. If you can access the void injecting the foam WITHOUT overdoing it would do wonders and support the weight of most people.
    Also it was mentioned not sealing the overlap between the pan and sidewalls to allow ventilation. This is NOT what you want to do. I removed the shower stall myself to refit it as it wasn't /wouldn't seal with the double sided tape installed between the two pieces because of the sloppy installation from the factory. GD sent more than enough tape that I put in a double seal to keep it moisture tight. Any moisture that gets up between will not have enough air flow to evaporate and in time will cause mold and water damage.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is old news now, but in case it helps someone, this product resolved my flexing shower pan and looks nice too.
    It supports my 300 pound frame!
    https://www.overstock.com/Bedding-Ba...ption=17086716
    PapaD & GrandAnna
    2021 Imagine 2670MK
    2021 Silverado 2500 LTZ, 6.6 Duramax, Allison 10

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDinMB View Post
    This is old news now, but in case it helps someone, this product resolved my flexing shower pan and looks nice too.
    It supports my 300 pound frame!
    https://www.overstock.com/Bedding-Ba...ption=17086716
    Did you place this in the bottom of your shower to spread the load over the shower pan? Wondering because the ad shows it outside the shower.
    (Ordered 7/13/20) 2021 Solitude 310GK, FBP, DP, HP, Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes
    Built 9/9/20; To Paint 9/11/20 (5-6 weeks); Done Paint 10/1/20; MORryde axle upgrade 10/5/20; Done at MORryde and paid for 10/8/20; Arrived at Dealer 10/20/20; picked up 11/7/20

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, exactly.
    It also resolved the slipperiness of the shower pan. I always felt like I was sliding toward the flexing drain area.
    Really like the teak mat and it fits quite nicely in our camper shower.
    PapaD & GrandAnna
    2021 Imagine 2670MK
    2021 Silverado 2500 LTZ, 6.6 Duramax, Allison 10