Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
I put 78 to 80 psi in my GY Endurance.

IF I used the information on the load chart I would be putting in 40-50 psi to carry the max load the trailer is rated for (assuming the load is equal on all tires).
This whole tire psi. thing gets confusing because of the variables from one rig to the next. Bottom line the maximum psi. perimeters are set for us on the sidewall and minimum psi. perimeters are stated in the tire mfg. load to weight tables. Some where in between those numbers is a sweet spot for YOUR rig and I can’t emphasize enough find the one that fits your set up and it will require a few short trial runs. Maybe where you live on the street or after a camping trip but always make your psi. adjustments from an ambient temperature tire temp. I prefer somewhere around 70 degrees for this project and no just because the temp. may go to 90 or 100 degrees I don’t get freaky.

The easiest way to find your sweet spot is to begin with your tires inflated to maximum cold psi., this may be the perfect spot, and work the psi down in 2 psi. increments until a nice even wear appears across the face of the tire. For me it was an average of 68 psi. on all four tires

If inflated to maximum psi. and it’s not required, 🙂 the tire will run to heavy in the center placing undue stress on the overall casing construction and wearing out the center tread prematurely. If under inflated 🙁, the tire will wear heavy on the outside tread and sidewall causing stress on the construction of the tire and possibly a delamination event.
Your target psi. is a nice even tread face 😐 contact to the ground. Use the min. max. information which the manufacturer has supplied you with and trust what the tire is showing you.
Attached is an example of what you should see Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7C2A7961-92C2-48A2-A740-BD3832AE4694.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	590.8 KB 
ID:	33281Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7C2A7961-92C2-48A2-A740-BD3832AE4694.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	590.8 KB 
ID:	33281
Will this eliminate tire issues no, but it will significantly reduce the likelihood of a tire failure and insure the tire is operating with all the tread on the ground and the tire construction is fully supported and mitigate encounters with those pot holes and FOD.