Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leaking fresh water tank gate valve

We have a 2021 Reflections 28BH FW and have been using it for a year. Our fresh water tank discharge gate valve has been leaking for quite some time and has been getting worse. It is the original manufacture installed valve and I am wondering if others have had this issue on a newer RV, and if so, any suggestions on fixes?
    Thanks

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmamac View Post
    We have a 2021 Reflections 28BH FW and have been using it for a year. Our fresh water tank discharge gate valve has been leaking for quite some time and has been getting worse. It is the original manufacture installed valve and I am wondering if others have had this issue on a newer RV, and if so, any suggestions on fixes?
    Thanks
    To confirm, you are talking about the white, fresh water dump valve under the trailer and it is dripping on the ground? Can you tell where it is leaking from (inside the dump tube, between the valve halves, around the pull rod)? Assuming it it leaking inside the dump tube, I would do two things;

1) With the valve closed (as much as you can, get under the trailer and look up into the valve. Is there any material hanging out of the valve (around the gate)? Ours, after a few uses developed a leak and I found a couple of pieces of white plastic (I assume from cutting the hole into the tank) where causing the valve not to seal all the way. Open the valve (yes, it will dump all your fresh water) and remove any debris caught in the valve. Also feel around inside the tank (through the valve) for any additional material and remove it.

2) Dump your fresh water. Open the valve all the way and inspect the gate seal (if there is one). Make sure the seal is straight and fully seated. If everything looks good, try putting a light coat of lubricate (I use Vaseline) on the seal. Work the valve back and forth. Make sure it is closing all the way.

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 03-20-2021 at 07:51 PM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it is the dump gate valve, should have used the term dump. Good suggestions-I believe it is leaking from inside the dump tube, but will check closer. It very likely could be some pieces of plastic since it has been leaking since almost new.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmamac View Post
    Yes, it is the dump gate valve, should have used the term dump. Good suggestions-I believe it is leaking from inside the dump tube, but will check closer. It very likely could be some pieces of plastic since it has been leaking since almost new.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

Forum tip: You can use the "Reply with Quote" button (right next to the "reply" button) when replying to posts. That will make it much easier to match your reply to the questions to better follow the discussion and be able to help you. A general reply (like "I found the problem and fixed it!
    ) dose not need a reply with quote.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That valve can be disassembled to inspect or repair. Drain the tank to be able to work on it. Also I added an 1-1/4" street ell with a glue x threaded adapter so I can hand tighten a plug into it.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am hoping to fix it, but am gathering ideas in case I have to install something less leak prone. Thanks