User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12V 200Ah Lithium Iron LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery

Is this a decent battery that would work in My 376? At half the price of Battle Born I'm curious about it. Not looking to go solar. Just something to hold up overnight with light usage. Thank you.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088RM4W48..._zdFaGbHM5E3DP
    Pam & Ed
    "Just Kruse'n"

Momentum 376TH (New 11/04/2016)
    Full Timing since 11/04/2016
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW Aisin 3.73

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Krusen View Post
    Is this a decent battery that would work in My 376? At half the price of Battle Born I'm curious about it. Not looking to go solar. Just something to hold up overnight with light usage. Thank you.

Yes, I think that would work out quite well for you. As a matter of fact, that is one of the brands that came up in my recent search for cheap RV Lithium batteries.

If you want to read the full post here is the link in the General Discussion section:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...hium-Batteries
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    Yes, I think that would work out quite well for you. As a matter of fact, that is one of the brands that came up in my recent search for cheap RV Lithium batteries.

If you want to read the full post here is the link in the General Discussion section:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...hium-Batteries
    I'll defer to your knowledge... why would a 200AH battery have a 100A BMS?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the 200AH is the storage capacity, and the 100A is the rated current from the battery...

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RonH1031 View Post
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the 200AH is the storage capacity, and the 100A is the rated current from the battery...
    Yes, that would be an internal restriction on how much amperage (current) you can draw from the battery.

If you have a load that is greater than 100 amps, you would simply have more than one battery i.e.: 2 batteries would provide 200 amps, 3 batteries would give you 300 amps, etc.
    Last edited by SolarPoweredRV; 01-16-2021 at 09:22 AM.
    David and Peggy
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100A seems low for a 12V system. Same manufacturer has a 400A version but it costs quite a bit more ($1459). For $1370, ECPC has a 200Ah pack that claims 200A, or 400A for bursts of 15s. And if you want a big pack for a solid price, they've got a 400Ah version for $1930. ECPC also has pictures showing the internal construction of the battery, which is nice.

Another good resource is diysolarforum.com, and the YT vids by the guy who runs it (Will Prowse). He's torn down a few of the random LiFePO4 batteries on the market and a lot of them use crappy parts, B-grade cells, etc. He did a nice review & test of the SOK Battery and BigBattery.com units, and seemed impressed with both.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    100A seems low for a 12V system. Same manufacturer has a 400A version but it costs quite a bit more ($1459). For $1370, ECPC has a 200Ah pack that claims 200A, or 400A for bursts of 15s. And if you want a big pack for a solid price, they've got a 400Ah version for $1930. ECPC also has pictures showing the internal construction of the battery, which is nice.

Another good resource is diysolarforum.com, and the YT vids by the guy who runs it (Will Prowse). He's torn down a few of the random LiFePO4 batteries on the market and a lot of them use crappy parts, B-grade cells, etc. He did a nice review & test of the SOK Battery and BigBattery.com units, and seemed impressed with both.
    100 amps from a single battery is really not low, think about it, if your system pulls 100 amps, a single battery will only last 60 minutes. I doubt you are going to design a system with a 100 amp draw that only has a single battery.

Sometimes when we are comparing items, we begin to focus on the numbers and forget what they represent, like in this case, we compare two batteries and one is rated at 100 amp draw while the other is rated at 200 amp draw, not realizing that if we ever have a 200 amp draw from our single battery, something is Very, Very wrong.

Now, when we are talking about fusing a 12v battery bank, many people have installed 400 amp "catastrophic fuses" on the positive side of their battery bank, but that is to protect multiple batteries. As an example; I have fused my battery bank at 150 amps and I have limited my charging to 50 amps (on a 24v system), my batteries are very capable of supplying much more power than that on a sustained basis, but I have limited their output to 150 amps (via the fuse) and this is plenty of power to run my Air Conditioner. So, a 200 amp current limit on a battery is not better than a 100 amp limit, simply because a properly designed system would never get anywhere near the 100 amp maximum draw from a single battery.

If you were designing an off-grid Solar System, then I think you could have higher current loads (at times) and the current limitations would be more important, but on an RV, you should never come close to drawing 100 amps from a single battery.
    Last edited by SolarPoweredRV; 01-17-2021 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Corrections...
    David and Peggy
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    I have limited their output to 50 amps (via the fuse) and this is plenty of power to run my Air Conditioner.
    Wow, 50 amps is only 600W. Are you supplementing your system with solar to run the Air Conditioner? When I benchmarked my system with power measurements, my microwave along drew 155 amps from the batteries.
    Bill & Marsha
    2020 Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 2500HD Silverado 4x4
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Krusen View Post

I don't have any experience with them or any other lithium replacements.

However as I'm thinking about them I've been wondering whether I would buy 4-6 100Ah batteries or 2-3 200Ah batteries. Seems to me that in the event of a battery failure it would be nice if it wasn't a twice-as-expensive 200Ah that needed to be replaced, so I'm leaning towards buying more smaller-capacity batteries rather than fewer larger-capacity ones.

Using more small batteries would mean using a lot more cable and bus bars to ensure that all batteries were connected with same-length connections, but after that extra cost and effort I'd sleep better knowing that 100Ah replacements are cheaper and easier to get.

Are you leaning the other way for a reason I haven't considered? Thx.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wjpatter View Post
    When I benchmarked my system with power measurements, my microwave alone drew 155 amps from the batteries.
    That's a serious microwave!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast