User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    Just asked my daughter (she was a supervising claims adjuster for State Farm) she said it should be collision on the truck insurance and should be covered depending on deductible etc.
    Thanks for the info. My collision has a $1,000 deductible so I won’t be claiming it.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    @Jerryr am I right that the culprit was the flip-up tonneau pressing the window and the nose of the 5er pressed on it?

The rear power sliders are the most expensive, of course, because of the labor to deal with the interior to get to the motor assemble
    which sits along the cab wall. I would personally just shop 3 SMALL/independent autoglass shops and out-of-pocket it. Avoid a Safelite or other big chain and there's no need to go to a dealer because 98% of them simply subcontract to a glass shop. I speak with a little knowledge as I have a contingent of family in the autoglass business.
    I tried a couple on small independent auto glass shops. Prices were better than Safelite original quote but not as good as Safelite/Costco price. They all say only OEM glass is available for my truck.

Safelite price with Costco discount is $466 for the OEM glass with sliding window and defroster. Their Labor price quoted at $60 plus $10 for disposal fees. Plus sale tax of course. That price is bringing it to their shop. Mobile service is an additional $39. Costco price saves $140 on the repair over standard Safelite price.

We have an 11 AM appointment with Safelite at their shop. The Safelite shop is 1 block from my daughter’s business so we will drop it off and go to lunch with her, now that it’s been 2 weeks since we got our 2nd Moderna vaccines.

Costco price was about $140 cheaper than Safelite online price and puts the price competitive with small independent shops.
    Last edited by Jerryr; 03-24-2021 at 06:13 AM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know how much of our premiums goes to cover insurance fraud?

Fireside Member Jefferson Beifuss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyFB38 View Post
    Does anyone know how much of our premiums goes to cover insurance fraud?
    States get their rates set and approved at the state level. Insurance companies file their rate requests with the State Insurance Commissioners to get permission to charge you and me the various premiums we pay. They justify those rates by showing the experience (losses plus expenses) they had during the previous rating period. Any fraudulent payments made during that previous rating period goes into the rate requests that the insurance company requests next time around. To the extent that they are able to detect and avoid making those fraudulent payments, they do not go into those rate requests.

41 years as an insurance claims professional, retired now. Loved helping people, hated the paperwork.
    Jeff & Jean
    2015 GD Reflection 337RLS, Goodyear Endurance tires, JT Strongarm stabilizers
    2015 Ford F-350 SRW Lariat, w/ Sulastic spring shackles, Rancho shocks, airbag, 80 gal supplemental fuel tank, Curt Q20 hitch, Access rollup cover

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Ford OEM rear window was installed at Safelite. It cost $571 with parts, labor and tax. Plus a $20 tip to the tech.

It took them 1hr 15min from time I arrived until they were done. They were extremely professional and very efficient. I’m real happy that this is behind us.

Last edited by Jerryr; 03-27-2021 at 05:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    New Ford OEM rear window was installed at Safelite. It cost $571 with parts, labor and tax. Plus a $20 tip to the tech.

It took them 1hr 15min from time I arrived until they were done. They were extremely professional and very efficient. I’m real happy that this is behind us.

I believe you may want to invest in a Pullrite Superglide
    2019 F350 Lariat Super Duty 6.7L Diesel SRW 4X4 with puck system
    2016 Reflection 337 RLS
    Pullrite Superglide

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    I’m real happy that this is behind us.
    Looks good!
    Make sure everybody knows the safe turning capabilities of your set-up so it stays behind you....
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    We have a friend that's done this 3 times. He still hasn't learned.
    Betcha he's a fun guy around the campfire though!!
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobW-NC View Post
    I believe you may want to invest in a Pullrite Superglide
    Unfortunately that extra weight would put me over my payload.

I’ve been towing with the Andersen for 4 years now until this incident.

If I do anything I’ll trade the truck for a F.450 and continue to use the Andersen which I love. A F.450 would give me payload headroom, no issues in sharp turns due to long bed and the advantages of wide track turning, bigger brakes, dusk wheel redundancy.
    Last edited by Jerryr; 03-27-2021 at 08:20 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12