User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Took out rear window

My wife was driving our truck with the 5th wheel today she took a sharp turn and the trailer took out the back window. It doesn’t appear to have any damage other than the window.

We have State Farm Insurance. Glass coverage is normally considered a comprehensive claim with zero deductible in Florida.

Does anyone have experience claiming it as comprehensive claim? I don’t think it would be Collision claim because there was no other vehicle involved.

Last edited by Jerryr; 03-20-2021 at 06:47 PM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    My wife was driving our truck with the 5th wheel today she took a sharp turn and the trailer took out the back window. It doesn’t appear to have any damage other than the window.

We have State Farm Insurance. Glass coverage is normally considered a comprehensive claim with zero deductible in Florida.

Does anyone have experience claiming it as comprehensive claim? I don’t think it would be Collision claim because there was no other vehicle involved.

We have a friend that's done this 3 times. He still hasn't learned.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off I would move the hitch back several inches. Or if that's a short bed get a sliding hitch that moves the pin back automatically when turning.
    I know State farm will comp. glass chips and replacement windshields when it's not your fault, they did my $9,000 Mangusta windshield. What I would do it ask your agent, not the claims department. If it's charged to you your premium may go up and you could pay more over time then the replacement of the window.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I booked a Ford OEM rear window replacement at Safelite for Wednesday. Used Costco Safelite discounted price of $525. I will pay for it myself without reporting to insurance.

They confirmed its OEM rear sliding glass with defroster, because there is no aftermarket for the 2020’
    Jerry & Linda
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm. A tree branch came down in a storm and broke your window you say? What a shame. You better file an insurance comp claim.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWNY View Post
    Hmmm. A tree branch came down in a storm and broke your window you say? What a shame. You better file an insurance comp claim.
    I’m reluctant to file a claim for a $500 damage, reason being State Farm paid out over $60,000 on a claim for us 5 months ago. It wasn’t our fault. An uninsured driver ran a red light and T-boned our 2019 Nissan Leaf. She fled the scene and thanks to 2 good samaritans who chased her she was caught 5 miles away. She was arrested for hit and run and having a meth pipe in he car.

Our insurance company, State Farm, paid generously for our totaled 2019 car where we were able to purchase an identical 2020 to replace it. They also paid 100% of ambulance, hospital, doctors and medicines. Our premiums did not go up at all after the accident.

Jerry & Linda

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Jerryr what happened to you is exactly why I have a Pullrite Superglide. Back in 2006 I put a football sized dent in the right rear of my new F250 CC SRW truck cab and smushed the right front corner of my brandy new Alpenlite Voyager 34RL. The Superglide pushes your pin back up to 14 inches in the truck bed when making a turn. Sharper the turn the further it's pushed back. You can do a 90 degree turn and not worry about slamming your truck cab or window. Lastly, glad you and spouse are safe after being T boned. Safe Travels!!
    Last edited by zinman; 03-22-2021 at 10:58 PM. Reason: bad spelling
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jerry - ouch sorry to hear about this and see the picture ! Hope Linda is doing OK......things happen and are easily fixed.

Curious, you list the AUH as your hitch.......is your ball mount positioned forward or rearward ?

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Jerryr am I right that the culprit was the flip-up tonneau pressing the window and the nose of the 5er pressed on it?

The rear power sliders are the most expensive, of course, because of the labor to deal with the interior to get to the motor assemble which sits along the cab wall. I would personally just shop 3 SMALL/independent autoglass shops and out-of-pocket it. Avoid a Safelite or other big chain and there's no need to go to a dealer because 98% of them simply subcontract to a glass shop. I speak with a little knowledge as I have a contingent of family in the autoglass business.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just asked my daughter (she was a supervising claims adjuster for State Farm) she said it should be collision on the truck insurance and should be covered depending on deductible etc.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast