User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does water pump work...230RL

Ok, getting ready for "maiden voyage", power on, checking things out, I was on Nautilas panel, flipped water pump switch on......nothing, little red light no on, nothing.....went inside, flipped water pump switch on......nothing.
    Ok, I'm not the brightest bulb in the package, but, even though I've not put water in the tank yet....with tank empty, shouldn't the pump at least run? Shouldn't I get a red light on the panel?

HELP PLEASE!!!!

Thanks
    Ray
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup. Should at least hear it thumping. Sounds like a power supply problem. Could have a wire lose at one of the switches or the pump. I’m not sure where the switches get their power. Ours also has an inline fuse at the pump..
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    Ok, getting ready for "maiden voyage", power on, checking things out, I was on Nautilas panel, flipped water pump switch on......nothing, little red light no on, nothing.....went inside, flipped water pump switch on......nothing.
    Ok, I'm not the brightest bulb in the package, but, even though I've not put water in the tank yet....with tank empty, shouldn't the pump at least run? Shouldn't I get a red light on the panel?
    If the light doesn't come on at either the outside or the inside switch, the odds that there's a power issue seem good.

First, is the battery charged and the battery "disconnect" switch turned on? Do you have interior lights, leveling system/landing gear, fridge status display, stove igniter for example?

If you have power everywhere but the pump then hunt for the fuse for the pump. I don't know your trailer, but on ours and others the pump circuit fuse is one of the ones that Grand Design hides kind of randomly inline around the trailer rather than going to the extra work of putting them into a proper box. You may find that you have a 10-amp fuse in the wiring near the pump that needs to be checked; if it's not there then try to follow the wires back to source. A multimeter would be your friend.

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    Yup. Should at least hear it thumping. Sounds like a power supply problem. Could have a wire lose at one of the switches or the pump. I’m not sure where the switches get their power. Ours also has an inline fuse at the pump..
    Charlie
    I'm an idiot......went back out to the camper....turned on the water pump switch inside, lol, water pump switch on Nautilus panel works....gesh......red light, pump runs and everything.......man, am I red faced and embarrased.
    Sorry and thanks to everyone.
    Ray
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    I'm an idiot......went back out to the camper....turned on the water pump switch inside, lol, water pump switch on Nautilus panel works....gesh......red light, pump runs and everything.......man, am I red faced and embarrased.
    Sorry and thanks to everyone.
    Ray
    No idiocy involved, either pump switch should work, like a 3 way light switches at home, except 12 volt of course.
    2018 Reflection 27RL
    2017 GMC 2500