User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

traveling from brooksville fl to Cedar Rapids iowa

looking for alternative route going back to iowa from brooksville florida area ...... would like to avoid atlanta / chattanooga / and nashville traffic

looking for nice campgrounds with pull through sites... enjoy photography and history along the way
    2019 F350 Platinum CCSB
    BD Companion Slider
    2019 GD 303RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From Brooksville area I make my way over to Hwy. 19...Very nice road after you get north of Crystal River construction... 4 lanes with a couple of small towns... head North to I-10.. Stops at Naval Air Museum Pensacola... Battleship Alabama at Mobile... Then on to Vicksburg Ameristar Rv Park is all pull thru. From there I head Northwest so I can't add anymore....
    2019 230RL Reflection ..... 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins still pulling just as hard as the day I brought her home November 1995...3.6 Onan. 2 battleborns 300 watts solar, 1500 watt aims inverter....(Convictions are a far greater foe of truth than lies) {Nietztche}

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unit88 View Post
    looking for alternative route going back to iowa from brooksville florida area ...... would like to avoid atlanta / chattanooga / and nashville traffic

looking for nice campgrounds with pull through sites... enjoy photography and history along the way
    When we travel North to say Michigan we will go up through Alabama. As @Big Blue stated take 19 / 98 / 27, any of those from Brooksville North towards Tallahassee and then get on 10. We stay on 19 to Perry and then catch 19 North up to I-10 (towards Monticello). Going up to 84 in Georgia is a nice road to Dothan. We will then chart a course to Dothan and head to Montgomery, Birmingham, Nashville, etc. . . You could head to Jackson, MS out of Birmingham or Huntsville. Then up to St. Louis.

We prefer backroads to freeways. There are a lot of very good backroads (4 lanes) in Florida and Alabama. Other places as well. It has been many years since going through Atlanta.

Edit: We also avoid I-75 through Gainesville and North. Too many bad wrecks occur along there. I don't want to get caught up in one of those. Either as a victim or sitting in traffic. I try to avoid I-75 whenever possible. Which is always.
    Last edited by OurNewEra; 03-23-2021 at 08:57 AM.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you ...we’ve never been that way and looks interesting
    2019 F350 Platinum CCSB
    BD Companion Slider
    2019 GD 303RLS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unit88 View Post
    Thank you ...we’ve never been that way and looks interesting
    It is a nice leisurely drive and you make about the same time as the interstate. Just be sure you have some fresh water in the tank for potty breaks. Only one rest area along that stretch of back road in Florida.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas