Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    What differences determine the Mach "model number", 8, 10, 15, etc.?
    I find names and specifics of the Coleman Mach series fairly sporadic to determine. Mach 8 and Mach 10 most likely refer to the height of the unit while being 13.5k while the Mach 15 refers more to the size of the AC.

Maybe someone with more history and clarity on these ACs will jump in...
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2020 296RL pulled by a F250 diesel (6.9" Box. I use the turning point function with a standard Pullrite 16K hitch. I didn't want a sliding hitch due to the extra weight, cost, and the inconvenience of getting in and out of the truck to alter the hitch position. So far I have had no problems pulling or backing with this system, and would recommend it to anyone. When parked you can also move the pin box 90 deg so it is out of the way

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These units seem to need 2 ACs. Do you have black shades? They absorb a lot of heat and radiate it into the unit. Even my 2 AC's couldn't handle 100° in AZ. I've put reflectix between the window and shades, I think that'll help a lot, particularly on drives in hot country.

I have a 6.5' bed. I tried using the turning point and a Curt A16 fixed hitch. The turning point made a lot of noise and made me nervous (some people are happy). I added Curt's manual slide to the hitch. It turns out that I don't need it to get in/out of my storage site: 4@tight 90 and 1@wide 180°. The Curt works fine and I'll use the slider in the rare occasion I need a tight 120° turn.
    2020 Ford F150 XLT with HDPP, 3.5L TT V6, 6.5' bed, 3.73 axle, Curt A16 manual slider hitch.
    2021 GD Reflections 150 series 295RL 33' 5th
    Long ago: Carriage Lite 35' 5th, towed by Dodge Ram 2500 V10

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pull a 290BH with 2019 Ram 2500 with Cummins. Went with B&W companion manual slider. I really like it. I always slide to rear when hooking unhooking etc. I have plenty of room with tailgate down for turns plus it is easier for me to see the pin.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided to go with a B&W 18k Patriot non slide and use the turning point for now. Bought the correct wedge for it too. Hopefully I like it. Otherwise. I can lock it out. The sliding hitch was 200.00 more and another hundred pounds I didn’t need.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foothiller View Post
    These units seem to need 2 ACs. Do you have black shades? They absorb a lot of heat and radiate it into the unit. Even my 2 AC's couldn't handle 100° in AZ. I've put reflectix between the window and shades, I think that'll help a lot, particularly on drives in hot country.

I have a 6.5' bed. I tried using the turning point and a Curt A16 fixed hitch. The turning point made a lot of noise and made me nervous (some people are happy). I added Curt's manual slide to the hitch. It turns out that I don't need it to get in/out of my storage site: 4@tight 90 and 1@wide 180°. The Curt works fine and I'll use the slider in the rare occasion I need a tight 120° turn.
    My two 15k AC units handle 100F pretty easily. Is your second unit 13.5k by chance?
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man. Now it’s got me wondering. I can’t just switch to a sliding hitch if I don’t like the setup. Do you guys think I should just use the b&w sliding hitch and if I don’t like the turning point I can lock it out and slide the hitch back to maneuver? Or just stick with the fixed b&w and deal if I hate it? I ordered the hitch today so if I change the order they prob need to fix it soon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123