Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Purchased new 278bh. Hitch setup suggestions?

Hi. I just bought a Reflection 278bh 150 series. Comes with the turning point pin. I have a 2019 ram 2500 gas with no puck system. What hitch setup do you people recommend with this pinbox? I don’t want sway. I’ll lock it out if need be. I just want to do this once and have a nice ride. No chucking or swaying. Thanks.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ardvark16 View Post
    Hi. I just bought a Reflection 278bh 150 series. Comes with the turning point pin. I have a 2019 ram 2500 gas with no puck system. What hitch setup do you people recommend with this pinbox? I don’t want sway. I’ll lock it out if need be. I just want to do this once and have a nice ride. No chucking or swaying. Thanks.
    Well, you can see from my signature what I'm currently doing; the Turning Point wedge that comes with the setup is made specifically for a PullRite hitch (that's directly from Grand Design and PullRite) although it will work with other hitches. However, I find I don't need the extra turning room and it definitely pulls better when it's windy when locked out. It's also easier to hitch and unhitch without the wedge. And no bearing maintenance is a plus too. If I was starting over and knew I wasn't going to use the wedge I would have purchased an Anderson or B&W hitch.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using universal rails btw.
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you wouldn’t bother with a sliding hitch either? I was thinking of just getting an auto slider and locking it out. Seems like a lot of people don’t love the turning point. How does the 3/4 ton handle the 5er? I have a very similar situation.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also. Side note. Do you have ac in the bedroom? If so is it better? If not. Am I going to need it or will a max air fan work? There are currently no a/c units available so I got one with no bedroom ac.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you wouldn’t bother with a sliding hitch either? I was thinking of just getting an auto slider and locking it out. Seems like a lot of people don’t love the turning point. How does the 3/4 ton handle the 5er? I have a very similar situation.
    Plenty of truck for these models. Actually pulls better with more loaded on the pin than normal. These 5ers are plenty pin light for their height. I would definitely not waste money on a slider. I've used my RV a lot and have yet to need anything extra, beyond a fixed hitch, to get into campsites.
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also. Side note. Do you have ac in the bedroom? If so is it better? If not. Am I going to need it or will a max air fan work? There are currently no a/c units available so I got one with no bedroom ac.
    Funny you should ask; these units definitely need two ACs I have all the parts coming in the mail as we speak for the second AC install for the bedroom.
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In fact, I went with another mach 15 (15k) unit.
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dealer might include the sliding hitch as part of the deal. If they do I guess I can either take it or work in a second ac unit. I hope you enjoy yours. This is our first 5er and last rv for a long time. Hopefully not too much of an adjustment backing it into spots. But either way you are saying to lock out that pin, right?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dealer might include the sliding hitch as part of the deal. If they do I guess I can either take it or work in a second ac unit. I hope you enjoy yours. This is our first 5er and last rv for a long time. Hopefully not too much of an adjustment backing it into spots. But either way you are saying to lock out that pin, right?
    Another AC unit would be a score. If you want to use your coach in the warmer months it's a must have. One isn't adequate. Yes. Our unit has been locked out for 6 months. Lots of little trips and several big pulls as well. The bunk house rigs are great. When backing up I simply look for the key hole latch on the battery compartment door, from there I know how far I can turn without hitting anything. Even hard turns have plenty of room left. In fact, the Turning Point pin will hit the bed of the truck before the RV would hit anyway so I can watch that too. Congrats regardless. Btw, get a TPMS for your tires, inexpensive, but an absolute must for knowing tire status. Cheers!
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast