My wife and I own a 2019 Solitude S-Class 3740. Today after washing it in storage, I went up on the roof and found a hole about the size of a quarter in the extreme right rear corner of the TPO roof. We haven't used the RV in several months and I did not see the hole when I went up on the roof last month. I have no clue how it got there or how long it has been there. I have zero experience with TPO roof material and frankly have no idea what to do...
I did a lot of internet searching and if the hole was in the middle of the roof i would get a sealant like Dicor to patch it. This hole is on the extreme edge of the TPO so there probably isn't more than 1/4" of material to the rear where the fiberglass cap meets the roof and it is right on the edge of the "flat" part of the roof where it turns down the side. I know I have to get it sealed up, but am concerned that filling the hole with a sealant or laying a patch over it temporarily will impede a professional's job of repairing it. Thankfully there is no rain in the forecast for several days and i did put tape over the hole for tonight.
I checked inside the RV and saw no indication of water damage on the ceiling or wall and smelled no mildew odor.
Several questions come to mind... Do any of you know of a repair shop in the Tampa/Clearwater, Florida area that would repair the roof?
We live about thirty miles from Lazydays, General RV, RV One and Camping World... I have no idea who to trust, not to mention how backed up these repair shops are... (Lazydays quoted me a three month wait just to get the wheel bearings repacked)
How do I ensure that there is no water damage behind the walls?
Anyone that perceives that I am in a semi-controlled state of panic has hit the nail on the head....
Thank you in advance...
Eric