User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ended up purchasing the Tempur Pedic adapt topper in Cal King and trimmed off the bottom and it’s surprisingly comfortable added to the the crap stock mattress.
    Scott & Linda
    2022 390RK-R
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited DRW HO Cummins LB
    B&W Companion 3600 RVK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DBISS7 View Post
    Hey Team - Just bought a Solitude 310 - very Excited - KING BED

Even the sales rep said - 'Yes - everyone changes mattress out '

Can you guys weigh in on 2" memory foam topper??? or what have you all done to change out mattress - and where did you get it

thanks much - look forward to seeing you on the road

DB
    We changed out our mattress for a Wilderness RV Mattress (Plush) and are very happy with it.

https://wildernessrvmattress.com/col...=8012505579567.

It's definitely heavier than than the cheap "featherweight" original, but not overly so. I will be beefing up the struts, as mentioned elsewhere in this thread.
    2020 245RL
    2015 F-150 EcoBoost 3.5
    Centerline WDH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our new 310, I can confirm it is indeed a residential king.
    While it’s a very tight fit, a gel mattress squeezes into place just fine.
    The bunny hop fitted sheet maneuver will be a huge pain in the arse.. So we found don’t even mess with that. Slide it down about halfway on the platform where u can reach the corners from the little bit of floor space available, place top 2 corners of fitted sheet, and then push it all back into place. Two person operation, like most things in the rig, but not as difficult as you’d think for how tight the mattress fits.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM0397 View Post
    The bunny hop fitted sheet maneuver will be a huge pain in the arse.. So we found don’t even mess with that. Slide it down about halfway on the platform where u can reach the corners from the little bit of floor space available, place top 2 corners of fitted sheet, and then push it all back into place. Two person operation, like most things in the rig, but not as difficult as you’d think for how tight the mattress fits.
    Thanks to all - great info - we're going to measure tonight and order tommorrow.......

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM0397 View Post
    thanks all

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you guys weigh in on 2" memory foam topper??? or what have you all done to change out mattress - and where did you get it

DB
    Our Mattress in or Reflection was rock hard, we put a 2" latex topper on it and it is very comfortable now. The latex foam is a little heavy, maybe 30lb, but the shocks still lift and hold the bed fine. We like the latex better than memory foam because of the spring it still gives and not hard to roll over on. Also the latex does not have the toxic flame retardant on it like the memory foam.

Setting Up Camp
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The mattress in our 310GK had a 3" depression after 60 nights. Grand Design gave us $300 to buy a replacement. It didn't cover the entire cost of the new mattress, but it helped.
    If you buy a mattress in a box, it is rolled up. When you get the box it says "Unwrap Immediately". If you don't the mattress may be damaged by being rolled up too long.
    I wasn't ready to install it in our RV as the new RV was at the dealer (for weeks) on warranty issues. Had to return the mattress for credit. But had to pay for shipping.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went with the Wilderness RV King Plush and couldn't be happier. https://wildernessrvmattress.com/col...=8012505579567
    Dennis, Pat, Prince and the Lady - Western New York
    2018 Solitude 310GK- 2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW - Blue Ox Super Ride

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We brought our new mattress to the dealer when took delivery of our 310 GK. The measurement is indeed 72 x 80. We had the Touchta mattress, mattress cover and fitted sheets made to this measurement. We just returned from 85 days on the road, and I sleep at least as good as our mattress at home!
    https://www.tochta.com/product/utopia-mattress/

Left The Driveway
    Vancouver, BC, Colorado and the Southwest
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DB
    I replaced mine with Denver Mattress RV Supreme (RV King size). It's their mid-grade, Really Excellent! The highest grade was too firm for me. When new out of box, walk on it (literally) for a few minutes to soften. About $750. My original was their low grade and not great. They have showrooms with samples even if size is not right. Maybe call ahead about this. Good luck..
    Last edited by Chris G; 03-27-2021 at 05:48 PM.
    Chris G.
    2018 Solitude 344GK, Roadmaster Slipper Springs, DeeMax hydraulic brakes
    2020 F350 SRW, Long Box, Air Lift 5000 air bags, Curt A20 hitch

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast